• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Cars.com linking to Dealers website VDP. Is this New???

Any idea how much? If I recall correctly each Cars.com rep can package things as he/she likes. Maybe it is part of @Rick Buffkin’s package already?
You know how they do it - they can package it up a hundred different ways - but overall our bill went up about $300 - $400 - I think it increased # of photos allowed, added deep linking, a banner on the VDP, and a couple more things i can't remember.

Reactions: Alexander Lau
You know how they do it - they can package it up a hundred different ways - but overall our bill went up about $300 - $400 - I think it increased # of photos allowed, added deep linking, a banner on the VDP, and a couple more things i can't remember.

@Rick Buffkin you must be on the right package. I too upgraded several months ago to the direct link, additional photos and a few more things I can't remember just like @jscole86

@Jeff Kershner and @Alex Snyder, We currently don't have a Cars dot com package. We pulled out roughly 3 years ago. I was just searching Cars dot com and looking for changes on the site. Thats when I noticed the direct link for the VDP. Then I checked multiple listings and roughly 50 - 60% of the ones I spot checked had a link to the VDP for the vehicle. This was the first I've seen of it and I didn't recall seeing anything posted here in the forums about it.

Realistically guys, how many customers are actually going to click on that little hidden link? Is it worth paying extra money for that? If for some reason a customer really wants to see a car on your own website they are going to find it regardless.

Don't get me wrong if it's free I'm all for it...but I would never pay an extra $500 /mo for that and a couple extra photos. Seems like a money grab by Cars.com, much like they're doing with DealerRater right now.

Reactions: John W.