• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

CDK.. more like C. Deez Knutz. Amirite?

Mid-Grade Ford

3rd Base Coach
Oct 20, 2015
Awards
First Name
Abe
Working with CDK support is like taking your car to the mechanic but he tells you he doesn’t know how to do an oil change on your vehicle, in fact, it’s actually impossible to do an oil change on your vehicle. Then you do the oil change yourself in front of the mechanic and pay him for his time. ‍:poop:

CDK just randomly started including the Option/Package discounts on our mathbox last week. After 10+ emails back and forth and two hours on the phone trying to explain the issue, long exhausting phone call from one cdk employee to a different one to the ford direct guy back to the cdk support girl and then up to her manager, they tell me it's basically not possible to do anything about. I realize that I can fix it myself with a few lines of CSS. What a waste of time. Has anyone ever encountered a competent CDK employee?

1586292038121.png

If anyone else has a CDK website and wants to hide the Package/Option discounts, I can send the CSS and instructions for where to put it.

And if anyone is thinking about switching to a CDK website, I would highly recommend against it. Maybe they offer better service to the clients who aren't in the FordDirect bundle though, I dunno.

@Mid-Grade Ford - I used to be on the CDK Digital Experience Team (don't judge me LOL!) and have friends that still are. DM me if you need a hand - I can contact those at the highest level to assist.

I also have many years of experience in having 'mathbox discussions'. They're never easy, regardless of OEM and website vendor. Sometimes it's the luck of the draw with the tech support helping you. They can get complex, but all are correctable. IMO - too much OEM/website automation feeds that go undetected/checked. It creates constant headaches and shouldn't have to be so complex/frustrating.

Let me know if I can help.

Reactions: Chance Mayfield
BY FAR, THE WORST CORPORATE, AUTOMOTIVE WEB HOSTING PROVIDER. CO-OP(ABLE) VALUE MY BUTT!~ AVOID AT ALL COSTS. . . That's saying a lot, considering Dealer.com.
giphy.gif

@Rick Buffkin @Jason@nabthat

Last edited:
I work at CDK and manage many Ford Accounts. This is not happening on any of the accounts I manage. This could be a regional issue or something that Ford has opted you into.
Mathboxes are complicated with all OEMS and each one requires something different. Did you reach out to your Advocate or WPM? They will be able to assist you right away.

Working with CDK support is like taking your car to the mechanic but he tells you he doesn’t know how to do an oil change on your vehicle, in fact, it’s actually impossible to do an oil change on your vehicle. Then you do the oil change yourself in front of the mechanic and pay him for his time. ‍:poop:

CDK just randomly started including the Option/Package discounts on our mathbox last week. After 10+ emails back and forth and two hours on the phone trying to explain the issue, long exhausting phone call from one cdk employee to a different one to the ford direct guy back to the cdk support girl and then up to her manager, they tell me it's basically not possible to do anything about. I realize that I can fix it myself with a few lines of CSS. What a waste of time. Has anyone ever encountered a competent CDK employee?

View attachment 4792

If anyone else has a CDK website and wants to hide the Package/Option discounts, I can send the CSS and instructions for where to put it.

And if anyone is thinking about switching to a CDK website, I would highly recommend against it. Maybe they offer better service to the clients who aren't in the FordDirect bundle though, I dunno.
This is actually something ford has just put out. You can opt in or out of it in the backend tool. this is not just a CDK thing it is for all vendors that have Ford websites. You should speak with your Ford regional manager about this.

This is actually something ford has just put out. You can opt in or out of it in the backend tool. this is not just a CDK thing it is for all vendors that have Ford websites. You should speak with your Ford regional manager about this.

That's what I figured but the people at both CDK and FordDirect kept insisting that this wasn't the case. I was about email Ford when I realized I could fix it with a little CSS.