1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

PR & News Chip Perry (TrueCar) Announces Retirement

Discussion in 'Automotive News, Press Releases, and Events' started by Will-B, Jun 3, 2019.

This forum sponsored by...
Tags:
  1. Will-B

Will-B
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Will
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Quickride
  2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Alex Snyder

Alex Snyder
    Expand Collapse
    President Skroob

First Name:
    Alex
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh
    Twitter Handle:
    axsnyder
    The article makes it sound like this was a sudden decision between the "has retired" language mixed with "interim president and CEO" position by Darrow.

4. Will-B

Will-B
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Will
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Quickride
    He was scheduled to be speaking at the NIADA convention this month, and from what I understand he's withdrawing from that as well.
    Does seem a bit sudden.

5. Jeff Kershner

Jeff Kershner
    Expand Collapse
    Founder

First Name:
    Jeff
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh & Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown
    It all seems to be a bit sudden, as if something else is at work here. Either way, all the best to Chip. I hope everything is alright and Chip is taking some well deserved down time until his next project or actual retirement all together this time.

There were many times in years past where the the DealerRefresh forum/community wasn't so kind to ATC. The popularisation of that negativity could have and was many times, (for whatever reason) pointed directly at me. Yet, never once was I NOT invited to attend a relevant ATC function or dealer board meeting that I was proudly part of years back. Chip ALWAYS went out of this way to be sure I was included (and many times sitting at the same dinner table as him), despite how many of his colleges and upper ATC Executive-Level managers felt about me. Chip ALWAYS went out of his way to say hello, greet me with a firm handshake and his signature smile.

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    • Like Like x 1
  6. john.quinn

john.quinn
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    John
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh
    Twitter Handle:
    JohnGQuinn
    @Jeff Kershner@Jeff Kershner

Remember the MileOne shindig where Chip was the featured speaker? And he told his story about getting spammed from Dealers' CRM systems after he and his wife shopped for a car? Funny story.

I remember vividly driving the hours back from Baltimore with my boss (President of MotorWorld) who was incredulous that Chip dropped the f-bomb during his story. Certainly a different leadership style, LOL. But good storyteller, for sure.

• Like Like x 1