• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

City Twist email marketing

HaHa.. We use CityTwist and we got a sales call from a guy in the office next to the person I was currently working with. I told him that we are already using them and I'm working on my proof as we speak. They don't have an organized plan of attack, that's for sure.

We got 5 calls in one day, they talked to every manager in the building at least once. The GM had me listen to their pitch so they would stop - I did - and then told them we were not interested, to remove us from their list. A different person called 2 hours later & asked for me to do the "10 min" show again - I told them I had just giving my "10 min" + 25 more and we were not interested. When they called 1-3 more times every day for the next week, I went to their site and called the "Dealer line" 877.298.2489 or 866.942.2489 & told them that if they were to be considered at any time in our future, the calls had to stop. The lady protested but said she'd try. They have not called back.
I don't want to sound harsh, but any company with even less communication than we already have probably won't be able to help us.
:2cents:

kcar, I wouldn't let that sway your decision. I like what they do and if think it could be a good product. We've only been using them for less than a month so I can't give you an honest assessment yet.

Ryan, please don't forget to share your experience once you've have a few months to test our their service.

acquisition email advertising is just SPAM.. turns people off.. I've got a dealer client who's websites phone tracking log has city twist all over it. They are relentless!

I feel the same way - sometimes. Would you say the same for bought conquest list that you use in a direct mail campaign?
Would you say the same about advertising in a New Home buyers (welcome to the community package) campaign?

What makes buying an email lists so different? - because email is more personal?

I've used CityTwist in the past and you can get some good results IF you have the right offer and message. It's a numbers game. So be prepared to buy high volume with open results in the single digits. This is NOT you're in house email campaign where you expect to see 15+ open rates. This is electronic conquest direct mail.

With the right message, you can get some favorable results with a positive ROI. Otherwise you might be disappointed with the results.

If I'm not mistaken, CityTwist is now asking dealers for a 3 or 6 month contract/campaign. They claim that it takes frequency for the campaign to be truly effective (or they just want 3 months to match sales data). I'm not going to argue that frequency doesn't come into play here to yield better results. It again, depends on how you approach it.

Some would argue that "spamming" the customer has an adverse effect. I believe it's possible to sometimes over think it because we ARE so against "spamming" and some are such an advocate for targeted one to one relevant messaging. I do believe that most people forget about receiving an email from what they consider to be an unsolicited service/brand (even if they did opt-in for it, somewhere - somehow). I haven't seen any studies to prove otherwise.

Like anything marketing channel, before you get into it. Study, research and take the time to get the right message. Pre-determine how you're doing to measure the campaign for success for failure.

We got 5 calls in one day, they talked to every manager in the building at least once. The GM had me listen to their pitch so they would stop - I did - and then told them we were not interested, to remove us from their list. A different person called 2 hours later & asked for me to do the "10 min" show again - I told them I had just giving my "10 min" + 25 more and we were not interested. When they called 1-3 more times every day for the next week, I went to their site and called the "Dealer line" 877.298.2489 or 866.942.2489 & told them that if they were to be considered at any time in our future, the calls had to stop. The lady protested but said she'd try. They have not called back.
I don't want to sound harsh, but any company with even less communication than we already have probably won't be able to help us.
:2cents:

I haven't experienced this myself but if this is their tactic, bad move.