• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Come On Reynolds!

Mitch Gallant

Refresh Team
Apr 6, 2009
Awards
First Name
Mitch
I'd love to have a beer with an exec from ReyRey and hear what the vision is for the company.... I'd then love to rip it to shreds with what their program is like in the real world.

I can no longer use era link on my Mac. The "emmulation" software I use to run windows and execute brutal/archaic programs like era link (and various OEM systems) is no longer supported by Reynolds.

Anyone have a work around or facing the same issue I am?

Wait, are you still using ERALink? I thought they were discontinuing use of it in favor of the free-upgrade ERAccess (which runs like a champ on my VMware Fusion setup running Vista inside Snow Leopard).

Agreed Mitch made it longer then most. I know Reynolds has been deploying the updates that prevent non ERAccess emulators from easily accessing the system in batches, but I didn't think there was more then a handful of systems still able to use ERALink.

While I was not happy about having to use ERAccess, I was able to run ERAccess without issue using my Parallels setup.

You're right Billfred, I'm the a$$hole who went around updating everyone to access and here I am clicking the wrong F'in shortcut. (Still a habit to call it EraLink and not Access) I did get an email from a Reynolds rep who mentioned the same thing - and not the part about me being an ass. My use of emulator was a bit erroneous as well...

I still stand behind what I say about the beers and vision. Reynolds is obviously a helluva lot bigger then the pigeon hole I work from, but it's a painful pigeon hole! As an aside, i'll punch someone in the face the next time I hear "We're doing it for your security of your data and to keep your information safe". COP-OUT!!!! ...my turrets flairs up when thinking or talking about Reynolds ... sorry forum!

As I remember, there were a few ERA sites who were able to keep using ERALink and Telnet until this June or July. May?, that's close isn't it? It could be time to finally upgrade to ERAccess as a work around.

Installing it on your MAC should work as ERAccess appears to have been designed to operate with the same levels of uncertainty in all versions of Windows from XP on, even when Windows is hosted by another OS.

:)

I'd love to have a beer with an exec from ReyRey and hear what the vision is for the company.... I'd then love to rip it to shreds with what their program is like in the real world.

I have heard (not saying this is true) that Reynolds crunched the numbers and discovered they'd be more profitable with roughly 2,500 clients who buy the bulk of their product line. Their vision is to cut clients, cut employees, and solely focus on retention of those 2,500 clients.

This is just what I've heard; not anything official.

There was a rumors at NADA indicating DealerTrack was making an offer to purchase Reynolds.

The general consensus is the investment partners who put up the money for Bockman to purchase publicly traded Reynolds have since removed him from a decision making role after the severe decline in market penetration. However, like most poor investments, when the tide goes out you are left standing naked.

At the end of the day we are tailoring our Arkona instance to be the best solution for our stores because of the relationship between the vendor and customer. It will not be long and the hold the large three have on our industry will be reduced. As new decision makers enter in dealerships there will be more demand for a better product bringing more options. Even though there are a large number of alternatives to the big three, they are by and large lessor alternatives from a technology standpoint.

I'd love to have a beer with an exec from ReyRey and hear what the vision is for the company....

If you can somehow arrange this you need to let me know and I will fly or drive to wherever to join! I've got about a million questions to ask that person - Primarily regarding business ethics 101.

With that said, about a month ago when I left HN we still had plenty of people using eraLink. Sure it was being phased out and most of the people were on eraAccess, but around 15% or so were still on eraLink.