• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Craigslist Posting Multiple Inventory in Multiple Cities

KevinODea

Full Sticker
May 17, 2011
First Name
Kevin
I could talk for days on this topic. Google analytics is showing HUGE numbers for CL. This month alone we have sold many cars from cities on craigs outside of our area. Wow! That evidence is over whelming. However, making these ads stick is a ongoing struggle.

Does anyone have multiple accounts in different cities? Anyone out there using any service that allows you
to log into an IP that matches the city your posting on? I use seperate IP's for each account but I'm having
trouble with some ghosting in certain cities. I like doing this myself, so I'm not really interested in any CL Posting company but hopefully someone out there works as hard as I do, and I really would appercate any help.

Thanks

I could talk for days on this topic. Google analytics is showing HUGE numbers for CL. This month alone we have sold many cars from cities on craigs outside of our area. Wow! That evidence is over whelming. However, making these ads stick is a ongoing struggle.

Does anyone have multiple accounts in different cities? Anyone out there using any service that allows you
to log into an IP that matches the city your posting on? I use seperate IP's for each account but I'm having
trouble with some ghosting in certain cities. I like doing this myself, so I'm not really interested in any CL Posting company but hopefully someone out there works as hard as I do, and I really would appercate any help.

Thanks

Kevin,

This is what we do...

We don't know as much abiut Craigslist CA as we know here in the US, but you can talk to my guys about how we do it and see if you can replicate our set up.

I will ask Jim or Steven to PM you.

Not trying to sell you by sending my guys but I don't want to write specifucs on what we do.

Yago.. My signature had wrong phone number.. It should be 585-919-6152. I didn't get any
response maybe someone called? I work for a US Dealership (Not Canada). Any help would be
great or anyone else have any suggestions? Maybe renting a Proxy like
proxyrental.net
1prental.com
seo-proxies.com

Thanks

Kevin, renting proxies are tricky. There are many blacklisted proxies out there that no longer work. There are a few websites(forums) where you can find information on companies that sell proxies, but many of these are already used and abused by craigslist posters looking to do just what you are trying to do.

So far, I have yet to see an auto-posting service that provides solid titles. It's all just pick and choose keywords from the description/specs which shows up like this:
(( 2009 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4DR SEDAN[44.000MILES]CLEAN-TITLE[DIESEL]
or
2008 Volvo XC90 AWD 3.2 5-Passenger - 57,245 miles - Metallic Silver (Perhaps this is slightly better)

or this one that has a tag line attached but is cut off..
2010 Dodge Grand Caravan SXT w/Sirius - DID YOU KNOW WE'LL TAKE YOUR TRA

Kevin, how many vehicles in how many cities are you attempting to post?

Are you being ghosted or are they being flagged off?

You may have better luck splitting your inventory in half and only posting half your inventory to one of the cities each day. I post about the same as what you do and have had good luck recently however CL is always changing and adapting. If you're interested I can share some tips/methods/websites that are helpful with CL.

I've been ghosted in different locations and CL accounts. I don't have a problem at work or at home( approx 5 miles away)
However, when I try this one city.. No Luck! I really hate going to starbucks or another WIFI location and work. I've been
looking into IP proxies rentals and seem to have a hard time communicating with anyone. I really like making my own simple ads with links to different sites (per City) and renewing every 48 hours. Like I've said no problem with 2 just no luck with the one that furthest away. I think more that 2 hours from your dealership with CL is a waste. I'm sure you just get flagged and the ROI is very low. Yes, any tips methods would be appreciated. you can email me at the dealership or post here. whatever, you like Thanks

You have to be very methodical in your approach to troubleshooting Craigslist. It could be any number of things that are causing ghosting issues.

First change all your content/description to see if that is the issue. Then check the amount of HTML you have in your ads. I've found that CL can be finicky with hyperlinks, but not necessarily image tags...

You may also try the random character generation at the bottom of the ad to give the CL filters "unique" text.

Also, for the place 2+ hours away, try not to put a location. If you are good on the phone and have a nice vehicle for sale people will drive to purchase it. My average customer comes from over 3 hours away, all generated from CL/cars/ATC/eBay.