• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer sues customer over repair YouTube video

There are always two sides to every story, I also wonder if the dealer is getting more bad press from suing the customer than he would have gotten to just let this blow over. Every time this is reported on people will go view the video. Just like reviews if you have 100 good ones and 1 bad you can usually figure out what the deal is.

We had a similar situation at a dealership in Phoenix. This customer said that if he had to pay the bill (which he had agreed to prior) he would post negative reviews all over the internet. They refused and the customer posted the reviews. The dealership had such a strong service department and so many loyal customers, it didn't have any effect.

Not only am I glad that the dealer decided to sue, I hope that he wins. People believe that you can say anything about anyone, on the internet without repercussions.

I agree that the lawsuit is only making it worse as far as video views go. However, they have a good opportunity right now to turn that bad press into good press by proving that the dealership is indeed the victim here and getting their story out. I don't know if I agree with what was done, but I understand it. These days it is easy for a video like that to go viral - and it looks like it was already on its' way to that before the judge ordered it to be taken it down.

ugh. A personal reply by the owner from the owner buried in cheezy stock photos
Home

0692a8dfa79f3558a78384d2ad182f11