• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealer Test Drive Closing Ratio

mbloom19

Full Sticker + Prep
Feb 20, 2013
First Name
Mike
Hello all,

I am a newbie on this forum but have been a reader for years. I am a Digital Marketing analyst for a large media company and work solely with dealers on developing digital marketing solutions. Although I do assist our sales teams with selling all things digital- I view my role as being more of a consultant. I pride myself on being objective and presenting the best recommendation for my clients regardless of it being one of our products or not.

The question that I want to ask of you is based on several conversations that I have had with many dealers lately.

What is the average closing ratio of a consumer who comes in for a test-drive?

I have not seen much research on this topic so I would like to hear from dealers, or those that work with dealers, what a good closing ratio would be on a new car lead that has already test-drove a vehicle. And if a consumer did test drive a vehicle at another store and came into your store because of a bad experience at the prior dealership- what would that lead be worth?

Thanks- I look forward to your responses.