• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

DealerCenter DMS - your experiences

Dennis Mendoza

Green Pea
Dec 10, 2018
First Name
Dennis
Complete noob here... hello everyone!

We're starting up an independent dealer and are currently looking at DealerCenter as our DMS. Tried searching the site for info but couldn't find any. Anybody here with experience with DealerCenter? Others you would suggest?

I have a very good contact at Wayne Reaves. In full disclosure, they use our Market Report data to augment their VDP's in their website solution and were an early partner for our Inventory Intelligence tools too.

I know that they focus on independent dealers with a full solution and have a good number of dealers on their platform. I'd be happy to connect you to him if they are on your radar @Dennis Mendoza.

We work with a dealer or two that have used it, very hard to integrate and export data.

Have you looked at Frazer? https://www.frazer.com/

Seems to work well with smaller stores.

J

I have a very good contact at Wayne Reaves. In full disclosure, they use our Market Report data to augment their VDP's in their website solution and were an early partner for our Inventory Intelligence tools too.

I know that they focus on independent dealers with a full solution and have a good number of dealers on their platform. I'd be happy to connect you to him if they are on your radar @Dennis Mendoza.

We'll look into both of them...

I used Dealer Center for about 5 years. I would say that @Jay Nelson pretty much nailed it.

Frazer and Desk Manager are the most cost effective solutions out there. Wayne Reeves is another that I hear good things about, but I can't share any personal details about Reeves platform other than Wayne is a really nice man.

I can answer lots of questions about the other 3.

Reactions: Dennis Mendoza
Hmmm, maybe it's the lack of actual running a dealership experience that when I look and compare DealerCenter, Frazer, Wayne Reeves & DeskManager (Plus Autosoft and DDC too), I don't see a great deal of difference among them. It feels like I can pick one from a bowl and whoever I get will work. Lol.

I guess I can start by describing us: Small dealership. Owner and Me. Only looking to sell 10-20 cars a month. At the minimum we need, and please correct me if I'm wrong:

Inventory Management
The Whole Sales Process
Basic Marketing/Posting To Marketplaces

*Website developed in-house
*Social Media Marketing outsourced
*Quickbooks in-house

@Jay Nelson What types of integration or export problems would we encounter?
@Tallcool1 What makes Frazer/DeskManager better?

Hmmm, maybe it's the lack of actual running a dealership experience that when I look and compare DealerCenter, Frazer, Wayne Reeves & DeskManager (Plus Autosoft and DDC too), I don't see a great deal of difference among them. It feels like I can pick one from a bowl and whoever I get will work. Lol.

I guess I can start by describing us: Small dealership. Owner and Me. Only looking to sell 10-20 cars a month. At the minimum we need, and please correct me if I'm wrong:

Inventory Management
The Whole Sales Process
Basic Marketing/Posting To Marketplaces

*Website developed in-house
*Social Media Marketing outsourced
*Quickbooks in-house

@Jay Nelson What types of integration or export problems would we encounter?
@Tallcool1 What makes Frazer/DeskManager better?

You pretty much made your own case for Frazer when you said you don't have a lot of experience. Frazer support is fantastic. Better than Dealer Center by miles, and better than Desk Manager by alot.

For what it's worth, Frazer actually has a built in accounting system that will handle everything EXCEPT payroll. It integrates with QB if you prefer that. Another thing is that Frazer doesn't nickel and dime you. Pay the $55, and you get the whole system.

Reactions: Dennis Mendoza