• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealers I Need Your Feedback

CAORYAN

Boss
May 28, 2009
First Name
Ryan
I am so jacked up about attending and hosting a round table about chat at the Pasch Boot-camp coming up this Saturday. I truly want it to be educational and not about any specific chat provider. Please answer a few questions to help me out.....

1) what makes round tables interactive? based on your experience.

2) what about chat would you most want to discuss?

3) Would you be interested in information about SEO/Conversion or just keep it about chat?

4) What should I stay away from doing?

5) What are your general suggestions?

I say keep it all about Chat.

Chat is one of the strongest lead capturing / engaging tools on a dealership website, but yet most people are clueless on how to effectively chat.

The Greeting and Initial rapport building
Qualifying
Obtaining Contact information
Handling objections and using time on your side
Getting the appointment

What other technology can compliment your chat session?

Invite dealers to bring some good and bad Chat Transcripts.

I would do a few live chats with unsuspecting dealers as examples.

You could have a real fun session.

• Seems chat as a topic would provide a good amount of interaction in itself. Getting others input is nice and find the innovators in the group you are conversing with.

• It's place in sales, service and parts.
  • Time investment
  • How chat, when done properly can help -or- done poorly could hurt your business.
  • Innovation and the future of chat.

3) Would you be interested in information about SEO/Conversion or just keep it about chat?

• Just chat, usually plenty of others delving into SEO topics. With time constraints I don't think you'll have enough time to get into much else (especially given some interaction on the topic)

• Screw introductions. Or just have people say their first name (or if they have experience with a chat solution). I think it eats into the discussion time too much.

• I think it would be handy to have your top (five?) points or micro-topics on a card or sheet of paper to hand out. That way when we go over everything we learned/ covered / want to remember during the trip I have some written documentation to refer back to. Examples are nice too.
  • Don't over plan or make the experience too cut and dry. Have to roll with your audience.

Good luck Ryan!

Dang Nathan, thats awesome! Maybe I should have you come do it :). While reading this I was thinking maybe I could come back to this forum and give my feedback and how the discussion went.

Everyone else, I would love a few more if you have time to give your thoughts.

• Seems chat as a topic would provide a good amount of interaction in itself. Getting others input is nice and find the innovators in the group you are conversing with.

• It's place in sales, service and parts.
  • Time investment
  • How chat, when done properly can help -or- done poorly could hurt your business.
  • Innovation and the future of chat.

• Just chat, usually plenty of others delving into SEO topics. With time constraints I don't think you'll have enough time to get into much else (especially given some interaction on the topic)

• Screw introductions. Or just have people say their first name (or if they have experience with a chat solution). I think it eats into the discussion time too much.

• I think it would be handy to have your top (five?) points or micro-topics on a card or sheet of paper to hand out. That way when we go over everything we learned/ covered / want to remember during the trip I have some written documentation to refer back to. Examples are nice too.
  • Don't over plan or make the experience too cut and dry. Have to roll with your audience.

Good luck Ryan!