• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Dealersocket Issues

Apr 16, 2009
Awards
First Name
Blake
Need some help,

We have a multi-franchise group with Car, RV and Boat dealerships. Until a recent upgrade Dealersocket was able to integrate with my RV and Boat stores. Now it doesn't. The root of the issue is they can't turn off Vin explosion.

1. We cannot enter trades of any motorcycle, RV, or boat
  2. Our inventory of RVS & Boats is not searchable
  3. Make and model of RV is not displayed. Vin explosion removes data that comes from our feed
  4. No marketing can be done based on make or model of RVs or Boats
  5. Documents cannot be printed with make and model of RV or Boats
  6. Sales events will not display make and model of RV or Boats
  7. Can't enter any trade other than a car!

Does anyone know of a CRM you can use for RV's, Boats, & motorcycles? Any help would greatly appreciated! I'm at the end of my rope! :mad:

Need some help,

We have a multi-franchise group with Car, RV and Boat dealerships. Until a recent upgrade Dealersocket was able to integrate with my RV and Boat stores. Now it doesn't. The root of the issue is they can't turn off Vin explosion.

Why is that? Just curious, wonder why turning off the vin explosion would cause that vs it being on and it working ok. I am not an expert, but I would think the vin explosion would benefit anything with a vin, so why different with a bike, RV, or boat?

Eley,
A lot of RV's don't have Vin's. Travel trailers and fifth wheels for example just have model #'s. If there is no Vin, Dealersocket won't recognize the unit. We have no way to turn off Vin explosion.

I understand Dealersocket is built for cars but until recently it has always worked. The main reason we went with Dealersocket was there ability to integrate with RV's. Now our RV franchise is crippled.

Additionally we cannot enter the inventory manually, as the fields for make and model are uneditable.

Eley,

Also Dealersocket will only recognize car Vin's. For example, we just traded in a Harley Davidson motorcycle and are unable to insert it in as a trade.

My main goal of this thread is to see if anyone has found a way around this or can suggest a CRM that can handle RV's, boats, motorcycles...

On the phone with DealerSocket,

Looks like I found someone who may know a workaround. Praying it works!

That's good, i was going to write back don't give up on what you have if it worked before. They should be able to make it work again. I was going to say you should contact Hunter, or call me and I will give you a name.

Hope it works out.

Reactions: 1 person
Hopefully it's working for you Blake, Hunter is definitely the man if not. Have you ever seen the Socket connect site? It may be a good place to rant and certainly has their eyeballs on it.

DealerSocket Connect (DealerSocket Connect) is our social media site for DealerSocket users who want to Learn, Share, Collaborate and Network with other DealerSocket users. DealerSocket Connect’s success depends upon its content and the involvement of users, so we encourage you to be actively engaged.

Reactions: 1 person