• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Digital Dealer 12 - #DD12 - What did you think?

Re: Digital Dealer 12

Seems like a lot of people here on DR are not attending this session. Or so it seems.

You know I'll be there Jerry. Sporting the HookLogic shirt and working the booth.

I hope everyone attending has a great #DD12

DD12 attendance looks way way off, down 50% by my estimate. I went to 4 presentations and walked out of 2. Nothing fresh here. Everyone complaining of very slow Internet.

Looking to fly out a day early... Next.

DD12 attendance looks way way off, down 50% by my estimate. I went to 4 presentations and walked out of 2. Nothing fresh here. Everyone complaining of very slow Internet.

Thanks for the update and for making me feel better about skipping. Glad to know I made the right decision! Maybe now the conference will get small enough to return to Nashville. :D

I had the same feeling about the attendance Joe. But I had 2 vendors tell me that the reported attendance was higher than the Fall meeting in Vegas? This one lacked the energy level of the Fall meeting for some reason. I did however sit in on some great dealer panel sessions and enjoyed hearing Joonika Holmes from Google speak. It seemed a hot topic of conversation was the percentage mix of traditional versus digital marketing ad budgets. The numbers were all over the board but the consensus seemed to be that if you were not at least 50% digital you may me losing ground to your competition.

Oh, and those ActiveEngage and Hook Logic people really know how to throw a party!

Yes, the attendance was low and from the vendor side, the attendance of decision makers seemed low as well. But that's usually the norm unless it's hosted in Las Vegas. :)

Speaking from my side in the HookLogic booth, we were extremely busy most of the time on Wednesday. There was 3-4 hour window of non-stop speaking with dealers.

The Buzz from dealers was the usual. The green peas are overwhelmed and have a lot of great things to say while the dealers that "get it" walk away with little to talk about. But let's face it - the ones that get it are already here on DealerRefresh, their reading Driving Sales and the several other industry forums. Their the ones that are working for cream of the crop and the more progressive dealers that "get it". We get more from the networking and meeting new people in the industry and many times best of all having the opportunity to place a face with a name of someone that you've had online conversations with.

With that being said - if you attended #DD12, whether good or bad - WHAT did you walk away with?

What was your most favorite session??