• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Digital Marketing Agencies Using AI to Write SEO & Social?

Christopher Reggie

Rust & Dust
Jul 31, 2019
Awards
First Name
Christopher
Hi everyone,

I recently came across a topic that I thought was worth discussing. As you all know, digital marketing agencies offer various services, including content writing and SEO optimization. While humans often perform these services, some agencies now use AI technology to automate the process (entirely).

This got me wondering, as a business owner, would you be upset if the digital marketing agency you hired is using AI to write your content and SEO pages instead of handwriting them like you pay for? While AI-generated content can be cost-effective and efficient, some may argue that it lacks the personal touch and creativity that comes with human-generated content. I'm not talking about using it to generate ideas and clean up copy - I mean direct copy and pasting from top to bottom.

So, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do you think AI-generated content is a fair substitute for handwritten content? Would you be upset if your digital marketing agency used AI to generate your content and SEO pages? Let's discuss!

f95adc8e59401290b531d75e78c1b89e.jpg

So, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Do you think AI-generated content is a fair substitute for handwritten content? Would you be upset if your digital marketing agency used AI to generate your content and SEO pages? Let's discuss!

I've been using it for writing content for many weeks now and it's better than any copywriter I've had in the past.
100% of the quality comes from the prompt, which is a human input. If my marketing provider knows how to write the best prompts to get the best content, I'm onboard with that.

In theory, I would prefer a human doing it, but Human + AI is absolutely quicker and in my experience has been better.

1000% no. AI-written content is garbage, even with a carefully crafted prompt. Even if you have humans editing the content afterwards, it's still not good enough.

well - is it good enough to have on your site? Sure, it's probably better than the garbage the OEMs give the website providers... but it's definitely not going to rank well in Google, and it's not going to be the kind of content that potential customers resonate with...

but it's definitely not going to rank well in Google, and it's not going to be the kind of content that potential customers resonate with...

I'm curious where you confidence comes from in this area.
The prompt with ChatGPT can generate nearly endless combinations, variations or takes on content.
Google has already said that they will evaluate content based on the content itself, not how it was generated or written.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
ChatGPT and AI will not put marketers out of jobs...

It will put marketers who don't use AI out of jobs.

100% agree.
I use it to supplement my tasks every day, not even replace them.
I can write website content or I can have AI write the content, then tweak it to my liking.

I can ask AI to write anything from a tagline to 5 paragraphs. I can ask it to pretend to be a virtual greeter and represent the dealership.
The possibilities are endless and I keep finding new ways to use it effectively every day.

I highly recommend that everyone read this blog post by OpenAI's CEO, Sam Altman:

1000% no. AI-written content is garbage, even with a carefully crafted prompt. Even if you have humans editing the content afterwards, it's still not good enough.

I'm curious where you confidence comes from in this area.
:wstupid: (although calling Craig stupid is stupid) and am curious too.

I highly recommend that everyone read this blog post by OpenAI's CEO, Sam Altman:

That was an interesting read. I'd like to hear some rebuttals to it as well. Things are going to get interesting.

Reactions: craigh

well - is it good enough to have on your site? Sure, it's probably better than the garbage the OEMs give the website providers... but it's definitely not going to rank well in Google, and it's not going to be the kind of content that potential customers resonate with...

Love some more context around your opinion on this. I would agree, only using the AI article may not be ideal but how would using the AI article and then editing/adding your own SEO focused content, images and such not be good enough?

What could we be missing as long as the content is speaking to the reader and not the usual keyword focused only garbage.

UNLESS... you're referring to the practice all-together i.e. Why spend any time cramming your dealer website full of AI generated content (blog articles, etc.) thinking you're going increase relevant, high potential traffic - potential conversions/customers. Good luck with that nowadays. Spend that time on more effective optimization.

Reactions: JessicaRobertson