• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Disappearing Facebook Likes

Makes sense. We have lost a couple, but nothing alarming. It seems that the number of people who actually see our posts is on the decline too as Facebook tries to force us to spend money to promote them. I'm not sure how much money I want to spend on promoting our posts though? What are your thoughts?

Reactions: 1 person
Makes sense. We have lost a couple, but nothing alarming. It seems that the number of people who actually see our posts is on the decline too as Facebook tries to force us to spend money to promote them. I'm not sure how much money I want to spend on promoting our posts though? What are your thoughts?

We have been allocating budget to Facebook for many of our clients. The hard part is being able to define an ROI on it. We have found it is one of the cheapest ways for us to reach impressions and create "likes" through contesting and such but it has not proven to be a lead generator. If your dealership is spending thousands of dollars a month on TV or Radio, I encourage you to take $400-$500 of that a month and put it in Facebook marketing. (depending on the market that number could be higher or lower) The CPM is a fraction of TV and radio and I feel strongly that modest investment will create traffic and likes to your Facebook page if you use the right message. Think of contests, service specials and other VALUE you can create for someone to engage.

Reactions: 1 person