• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Matt Murray

Full Sticker + Prep
Jun 8, 2010
First Name
Matt
18Widewail_Logo_onLight.png

Widewail helps dealers manage online customer reviews. We monitor the most powerful online review sites including Google, Facebook, Cars.com, DealerRater and Edmunds for any new reviews received by our customers, responding on behalf of the business. You can choose to have us monitor and respond to all reviews on all sites, or a subset.

Our responses include SEO rich text, helping to boost traffic volume and performance from the best sources. Negative reviews are escalated to the appropriate contacts at the business, with suggested responses for review, editing and approval before posting.

Reviews and their impact on local SEO

Businesses that respond to reviews receive 12% more total reviews, ratings that are .1 stars higher on average and are less likely to receive reviews with unsubstantiated negative feedback, according to the Harvard Business Review.

Pricing is straightforward. Looking back at the previous 12 months -

If you average 0-50 reviews per month - $250/mos
If you average 51-100 reviews per month - $400/mos

Head to Widewail.com to learn more and reach out to us!

I think your article on reviews being the new SEO is quite telling: https://www.dealerrefresh.com/thank-customers-right-way/

Matt Murray said:
There is a new player on the SEO block for local businesses, hidden in plain site on your Google My Business page – customer reviews. Reviews aren’t just for the next prospect to get a pulse on the business or for the current customer to praise or criticise their experience – they fuel the Google local search algorithms with the information needed to properly understand your business and direct traffic.

And :ltbulb: Google defaults to showing businesses with 4 stars or higher is a :eek3: ….Google is saying you now HAVE TO manage these reviews. If I didn't want to put the daily effort in, I'd be hiring a company like Widewail.

You could disrupt the automotive sides of things a bit, but there are many competitors out there (but they might not provide the same insights as you). Yours looks to be a bit more granular.

At one point, I had ~75 dealers on https://www.vendasta.com/marketplace/reputation-management. Many automotive hooks. Can be white labeled for agencies or concierge by them. https://www.vendasta.com/marketplace/listing-builder, there is some overlap (with property building and claims). As I said, at one point in time I found DealerRater using / white labeling part of their system. The icons gave it away. :)

Reputation-management-hero-image-a.jpg

Review-Sites-for-Reputation-Management.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Matt Murray
Hey Alex, thanks for the background. We've built our own, proprietary software, specifically designed for review monitoring and response only. It's an operational tool vs a "lens" like many other reputation offerings in the market.

We are also the only company out there that focuses solely on review response - we train our people on local SEO and proper response to positive, negative and mixed-sentiment reviews. In this way, we deliver the most efficient and effective response solution available to dealers (if I do say myself, and I do :).

Have a great Holiday weekend!

Hey Alex, thanks for the background. We've built our own, proprietary software, specifically designed for review monitoring and response only. It's an operational tool vs a "lens" like many other reputation offerings in the market.

We are also the only company out there that focuses solely on review response - we train our people on local SEO and proper response to positive, negative and mixed-sentiment reviews. In this way, we deliver the most efficient and effective response solution available to dealers (if I do say myself, and I do :).

Have a great Holiday weekend!
Yeah, I get that it's proprietary and I figured there was something that differentiates you. Your background and skill set are way too impressive and smart for there not to be. Otherwise, what would you be, another run of the mill provider, right? Reviews are becoming part of the new SEO. Automotive has needed this forever, that's kind of what I am getting at with my post. It's needed.

Good luck.