• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Does a good CRM exist?

Rob

Boss
Apr 9, 2011
Awards
First Name
Rob
Does anyone make a good CRM? A CRM that customers would say is good, without qualifying that?

What I'm tired of: My current CRM breaking constantly in different, creative, and sometimes spectacular ways.

What I'm looking for:

• Something *competitive* on features. I don't want a 1980's era CRM. On the other hand, I can live without some of the latest shiny objects.
  • Bulletproof reliability. I want something that doesn't break constantly. In fact, I want something that almost never breaks.
  • Inventory integration.
  • That's about it.

What I don't want:

• Sales pitches. If you're a vendor, I'd like to hear from you... but I don't want to be pitched.
  • Empty promises
  • Gushing over how great support is. I would prefer to deal with support as little as possible. That's the best support.

Anyway, that's what I'm looking for. Any ideas, folks?

Reactions: 1 person
  • Bulletproof reliability. I want something that doesn't break constantly. In fact, I want something that almost never breaks.

Every CRM that I've ever used has pro's and con's, but they all involve technology and technology breaks. There is no such thing bullet-proof reliability and not needing support (at least in my experience)...

What is your current CRM?

I know how frustrating it can be having CRM issues. On our busiest day, we would have to call the help desk several times to get deals pushed to F&I.

When I came to Phoenix, I went back to a trusted CRM that had always been bullet proof. It didn't break but dealing with the help desk, on other issues, was a nightmare. Information, that was stored in the previous CRM, like who sold the car, was lost. Customers that had purchased vehicles were still open events. We were trying to sell them vehicles when they had already purchased.

I consider myself to be a very loyal customer but I no longer can trust this vendor. I have a couple of friends at Dealer.com, I would be giving them a call.

Every CRM I've ever used also has issues. I understand that technology breaks, but major failures should be a "once in a blue moon" type of scenario, rather than an "every Tuesday and Friday" scenario.

Good programming and better quality control testing can prevent the vast majority of software issues. Major software companies all over the world manage to handle this, but CRM companies seem to be missing the boat. (At least the ones I've used.)

Currently using VinSolutions. Great *when* it works properly. Fantastic, even. But major problem after major problem has me looking.

I know how frustrating it can be having CRM issues. On our busiest day, we would have to call the help desk several times to get deals pushed to F&I.

When I came to Phoenix, I went back to a trusted CRM that had always been bullet proof. It didn't break but dealing with the help desk, on other issues, was a nightmare. Information, that was stored in the previous CRM, like who sold the car, was lost. Customers that had purchased vehicles were still open events. We were trying to sell them vehicles when they had already purchased.

I consider myself to be a very loyal customer but I no longer can trust this vendor. I have a couple of friends at Dealer.com, I would be giving them a call.

My previous CRM was also DealerSocket. (Open events gave you away.) Some good points, but plenty of (apparently) unresolvable issues.

I wasn't aware Dealer.com had a CRM. Or is that the one that Alex is currently working on?

Rob,

You're going to need to do some demos. I would invest lots of time making the right decision. Procuring a CRM is like getting married. Go to some of the shows this fall and meet the vendors.

That's precisely what I intend to avoid. I don't want to sign up with whoever puts on the best show. I want to sign up with whoever has the happiest customers.