• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Does anyone have experience with dealermatch.com?

Dealermatch is Manheims answer to dealer to dealer trades. For all the units that go to the auction and manheim makes a fee on, Manheim is loosing out on just as many. What Dealermatch does is it gives you the platform and technology to trade units with out paying an auction fee or per transaction fee. it is a flat monthly fee. It will link dealerships with retail inventory, where you can make a wholesale offer on a retail piece. as opposed to OVE where it is all Wholesale.

I just got off of a pretty impressive real-time screen sharing demo and Dealer Match also has some pricing inputs from Auction Genius, a sister company of theirs.

My first question to them was how are you different than OVE, since as the person above pointed out, they look pretty similar.

The main differences I can see are the no-contract monthly pricing ($299/mo for now) for unlimited buying, selling, or trading retail-ready units with no per-car fee with a larger selection than OVE. We did several side by side comparisons to see the selection of Dealer Match and OVE for a particular make model year and trim and just in network Dealer Match selection was better than OVE with more transparency then OVE, showing things like inventory aging, etc. Unlike OVE, they offer a pretty solid paid guarantee including even shipping reimbursement for up to 500 miles.

Interesting competitor to the auctions themselves, and as JBurke pointed out, it seems like it is a growing field that will replace a lot of the brick and mortar auction houses for as much as those can be replaced. This tool coupled with Auction Genius would put the sourcing side of the business for us used car guys firing on all cylinders for nationwide sourcing.

Reactions: 1 person
I met Greg Easterly (Pres/Founder), and David Herwood (Major Accounts Manager) of Dealer Match yesterday at Digital Dealer Mid-Atlantic. Both were great to talk to and gave me a lot of info on their solution. I really like the entire product front to back what I saw and heard. Everyone here has pretty much given most of the info. I plan to get a demo next week and most likely will be signing. I spend a lot of time searching for good front line ready cars, and a lot of wasted money on auction fees, this being a flat monthly fee is a great idea!

Reactions: 2 people
Eley,

Thank you sir for the kind words. Both the guys are great to work with and for. DealerMatch is on a great road to change the industry and defiantly help dealers in away that will be a major game changer for the way dealers source and dispose of inventory. By the way, did you ever get your demo?

DealerMatch is on a great road to change the industry and defiantly help dealers in away that will be a major game changer for the way dealers source and dispose of inventory. By the way, did you ever get your demo?

@jdeckard: I filled out the online contact form earlier this week dor a demo and have not heard from anyone yet. Can you have someone contact me? Thanks.

@jdeckard: I filled out the online contact form earlier this week dor a demo and have not heard from anyone yet. Can you have someone contact me? Thanks.

Bill, I deeply apologize for the lack in response to your request. Our team got a little behind this week do to corp meetings we had for 3 days. The office was a little shirt handed. My direct number is 469-865-6008. Please call and I will take care of you personally at your convenience.

Again I apologize.
James