• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

"Don't be annoyed with us, Mr. Dealer, you're IN queue!!!"

Sharko

Hat Trick
Jun 25, 2012
First Name
Marko
Why do some website vendors think that telling you, "You're in queue. Your issue is exactly where it's supposed to be," is an answer that works?

My service leads are broken, it's been 8 days since I notified them of this issue, and that's the response I got when I called XXXXXXX today. And I called them AFTER my Service Manager called me (and you all know that he wasn't "pleasant" when he's asking why I can't handle the issue with XXXXXXX.)

I think 8 days is plenty to fix an issue like this. If it was a design issue, I can see waiting a long time, sometimes, but with something like leads - that should be fixed right away. Grrrrrrrrr.....

How do you get results when using logic won't work?

Eight days and no leads? I would already be talking to the CEO, by now. On day two, I would be asking, "if you can't resolve this problem, who is your supervisor?" I would have that name and phone number. Before the end of the day, I would be asking that supervisor who is their boss? Stay nice and professional. I have never had an issue, like this, that lasted eight days.

Sure, it's XXXXXXXX.... dangit.... somethin' wrong with my keyboard... :) At this point, there's not a need for that, kcar. It wouldn't change anything about the issue.

It would help prevent other dealers from signing up with that vendor and making the same mistake... Not to mention the vendor might be on here and take care of things and help come to a resolution..

Eight days and no leads? I would already be talking to the CEO, by now. On day two, I would be asking, "if you can't resolve this problem, who is your supervisor?" I would have that name and phone number. Before the end of the day, I would be asking that supervisor who is their boss? Stay nice and professional. I have never had an issue, like this, that lasted eight days.

I'd had issues with ADP once that dragged on for 4 months (e-mail specifically), lol.. Thankfully the contract (from the previous guy) expired which gave me free range to switch our services. Sometimes you can talk to five or six different supervisors and still not get a resolution.. But just a personal note, the rest of their stuff has been pretty decent, so not hating on them.

QUOTE]I'd had issues with ADP once that dragged on for 4 months[/QUOTE]

Kcar, some of my good friends are vendors and I am very loyal.

Years ago, I got all the way to a V.P.. I told him that I was very frustrated and was trying to find someone, in his company, that was competent. I asked if he might be that person. He told me that he had the finest people in the industry. I then named off every person that I went through getting to him. My problem was fixed in a matter of hours. This issue had lasted about a week. I never raised my voice or used
profanity.

That same V.P. dropped in on me about six months later. He told me that he called a meeting of all those involved and played the tape of our conversation. Apparently, they all freaked as I started going through the names. He laughed and told me the tape was part of their training. Any one of those people could have fixed my problem if they had got off their butts to do it.

That Christmas he sent me my first Montblanc pen.

Reactions: 1 person
Thank you, all, for replying. Here's an update.

I finally got on the phone the same day I posted here on Dealer Refresh with a guy sort of high up the food chain (seemingly, but I don't know their corporate structure enough to confirm) who said this to me: "Something got messed up, man; no two ways about it. Tell you what, I'm going to escalate this issue and stay in touch with you until it's resolved."

I stopped listening after he said, "Something got messed up..." Why? Because I was so relieved that somebody finally said that. Before him, I got the stock answer they toss at most dealer-peeps who don't know how to argue with their tech guys' answers. I do. Software is a tough business and there are 100 moving parts and 100 different things that can go haywire at any given point. That's cool.

It's when I get the runaround and a verbal hand-job that I go all ghetto on 'em. LOL. That sounded funny.

Anywho, it's still not resolved, but it's late Sat. night. We'll see on Monday.

Reactions: 1 person