• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Duplicate leads rock!

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
There once was a time when we could get refunds on leads, so we pushed our CRMs to focus on saving us money by automating duplicate lead reports back to third party lead providers. The CRMs knocked this out of the park! We felt secure that our third party lead bills were correct (mostly).

Welcome to 2020 where duplicate leads are still shunned because of CRM reporting. But a duplicate lead is actually a sign of great buyer intent! Getting the same lead from the same buyer should tell you they’re hot and ready to buy. Instead, our CRMs make duplicate lead reports in a negative light and attribution suffers. I’m not saying CRMs are to blame because we all asked them to do this.

I‘m saying it may be time to rethink about how we view duplicates. Especially now that digital has become the epicenter of car sales.

P.S. other industry CRMs celebrate multiple leads coming from the same contact.

This is a perfect example of unintended consequences as well as a feature not staying in sync with current reality. DR is dramatically increasing duplicate leads as customers initially try to get this information from the normal channels, get disappointed, then re-inquire through the DR product. The DR lead is auto-duped and ignored...cool!

This is the equivalent of locking a showroom be-back from coming inside your dealership.
The first lead they just raised their hand. On the re-inquiry they stood on their tippy toes, raised both hands and started yelling "HELP ME!!!!" :hey::hey::hey:

Reactions: Jacques de Molay
*cough... softball pitch.
GUfI.gif

I've never been one for trying to get refunds on duplicate leads EXCEPT for way back when you had all these BS automotive lead generating services reselling the same leads over and over to partner sites. That was CROOKED!

I welcome(d) duplicate leads when they truly came across different platforms, sources and form fills on our website. It potentially showed the level of interest.

Reactions: Jacques de Molay