• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Edge 5 - Email Marketing Service

CraigB

Full Sticker
Apr 19, 2017
First Name
Craig
Has anyone used them for email marketing? Working with a dealer and they are sending huge amounts of web traffic with very low engagement. GA is showing that the traffic is almost all from AWS/data centers. The vendor is saying they route real people through data centers, that is why it looks like a bot and the traffic all shows as out of state.

I have no dog in the fight, just trying to help the dealer determine the relative value of the product.

I have not heard of Edge 5.

What they say doesn't make any sense unless they are doing more than emails. If I click on an email to go to the dealer website, it will use my IP Address and not AWS.

Regardless of the AWS traffic, the data tells the story. "Very low engagement"

Reactions: CraigB
Server farms are where the click (forwarded to your URL) came from and the server/data they are using to track the link internally, maybe dynamically add UTMs, etc etc -- it has no effect on where the user is (ip, geo, etc). Edge5 does not proxy the site (their explanation "might" make sense if they did) -- they send the click straight to your site.

Think of it this way.... does a bit.ly link, when clicked and forwarded to your site, show the "server" location or the location of the user once they get to your site??

Server farms are where the click (forwarded to your URL) came from and the server/data they are using to track the link internally, maybe dynamically add UTMs, etc etc -- it has no effect on where the user is (ip, geo, etc). Edge5 does not proxy the site (their explanation "might" make sense if they did) -- they send the click straight to your site.

Think of it this way.... does a bit.ly link, when clicked and forwarded to your site, show the "server" location or the location of the user once they get to your site??
Ding ding ding.