• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Experience using DealerCarSearch.com

Jun 3, 2018
First Name
Amanda
Anyone have recent experience with DealerCarSearch.com for a dealer website? We have three franchise sites but need a new Group portal site. Looking at Dealer.com (we have two DDC sites already) but DealerCarSearch.com just contacted us and wanted a chance. I see positive reviews online and great stuff about customer support. Just wondering how it would compare to a DDC site??

I have only had one dealer I consult with use them, so very limited experience. Price is very low, sophistication also seemed a bit low. I was trying to set up Google Event or Thank You page tracking to establish Goals for lead conversion. Even their senior support reps (who were responsive and friendly) had no idea what I was talking about, and kept pointing us to their dashboard. Perhaps just symptoms of a young company that is growing?

Anyone have recent experience with DealerCarSearch.com for a dealer website? We have three franchise sites but need a new Group portal site. Looking at Dealer.com (we have two DDC sites already) but DealerCarSearch.com just contacted us and wanted a chance. I see positive reviews online and great stuff about customer support. Just wondering how it would compare to a DDC site??

I'm obviously biased as a competitor, but I will say their focus is almost entirely on sales of their product. We've had 4-5 clients get "sold" by DCS just in the last year (their tactics are simply undercutting prices or flat out lying to the client to create fear) and every single one of those clients has returned to us with the exception of one. Even that one is actively trying to sign up with us again, calling as recently as this morning (historically they've been a problem client which is another story). The most common complaint I hear is lack of support...over a week to get simple things updated. Generally sounds like a case of over-promising and under-delivering but admittedly I have no direct experience. The back-end/UI doesn't seem that robust either, but if you're looking simply for a group/portal site that may not be a big deal.

• Useful
Reactions: Alexander Lau