• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Exported Data wrapping to next line.

Mar 21, 2013
First Name
Vic
Hopefully a simple question. When I use the query builder to extract data it seems that if the data in a field is longer than 25 characters (ADDDRESS1 for example) it will wrap the data to next line, making it very difficult to get a full address without a lot of work. An example would be something like this:

Joe (tab) Blow (tab) 123 somewhere (tab) Spokane (tab) WA (tab) 99206 (tab) ect.
Bill (tab) Smith (tab) 12345 Another Address Apt (tab) Spokane (tab) WA (tab) 99206 (tab) ect.
(tab) (tab) #1234 (tab) (tab) etc. (where the # 1234 is actually part of the above address)
Jim (tab) Jones (tab) 345 anywhere (tab) Spokane (tab) WA (tab) 99216 (tab) etc.

This appears to only happen with Service Data, not in Sales (F & I)

Hope this explains my problem.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
Thanks in advance
Vic

I don't have Reynolds anymore, so I can't double check. There is another address field to pull "Address1_e" or something similar it's address with something extra beside it. It stops the character count wrap.
EACT is the suffix i think - these were basically idescriptors that they had added to support a product that allowed for a longer fixed width

Took me a while to find "reformat" but looks like that solved the problem. Thanks you so much. Saves me a LOT of time. Thanks to all that replied to my question.

Vic

Just wanted to say that this is exactly what I was looking for.
We had this issue and I ended up just removing the field - glad I have a solution for this now.
If only all our query builder issues were solved this easily.