1. An upgrade is pending. The site is only accessible in debug mode.
    Complete Upgrade
  2. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook, Sales People, New Cars

Discussion in 'Online Marketing & Best Practices' started by Chris Leslie, Nov 4, 2017.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. Chris Leslie

Chris Leslie
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Chris K
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Heinrich Auto Group
    Twitter Handle:
    @chriskleslie
    So I am pretty familiar with the laws in our state when it comes to us as a business and advertising inventory.

But when we have a special running and a salesperson posts the special on their personal page/profile without any disclaimers or stock numbers. Does that become an issue for the business?

Also, in this instance the person is not posting an image of the ad or anything its just pictures of cars and the general verbiage of the promotion.

2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. BenAdler

BenAdler
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Ben
    @Chris Leslie@Chris Leslie, good question.

Do you mean a legal issue, or another type of issue?

If it's a legal issue, I think the question is: is the salesperson representing the business entity/owner when they post on facebook, especially through their personal page?

4. Ed Brooks

Ed Brooks
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    Ed
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Cars.com
    Twitter Handle:
    @EdGetsIt
    According to @Jim Radogna@Jim Radogna - "I'm not able to log in to DealerRefresh for some reason Ed but my response is: Yes, if an employee is advertising on their personal Facebook page with a special being run by his or her employer, all state & federal advertising disclosure requirements must be followed or the dealer could be held responsible for violations. This is particularly important when advertising lease of finance payments."

#3 Ed Brooks, Nov 5, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
    • Useful Useful x 1