• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Finally A Reason For That Second Website

CAORYAN

Boss
May 28, 2009
First Name
Ryan
So I have seen many post asking "what should I do with my Manufacturer's website?".

This is tested but please do this at your own risk. This is working for me.

Have one website in Google Places and one website "NOT In Google places. Optimize them both locally but don't use dup content.

In my study we found that google will place a well optimized site above the "Places" section. In this case we had the one website above the places section and the other in the places section, thus giving us two listings above the fold.

Google has replaced your home page result in the organic and combined algorithms with places. Meaning in the SERP's you may not even show up for the second or third page and showing an inside page as a result. This tells me that they are using your home page as your places listing and now deep linking and seo on inside pages is even more important than ever.

Does any of that make sense? It did in my head.....

Myself and a couple friends of mine have nothing better to do than to a/b test and pick apart this new algorithm. We have already racked up a ton of man hours and have seen a good bit. If you have questions fire away and I will do my best to answer.

Not sure if Google is testing what works best or if it is going to continue but I see three different results....
1) Organic SERP's showing as #1 with Google Places afterward
2) Google Places first and organic serps afterwards
3) Both mixed together

I have a feeling that things will continue to be changed and Google will take whatever works best. But, it may just stay this way until they change it again.