• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
@Mid-Grade Ford, you really have this in the wrong Forum category. Although I can relate to some of your frustration, this is a rant and it is a little hard to take you seriously if you use an alias on this Forum. Our FordDirect rep, who covers three of our stores, is perhaps one of the best reps we've ever had across all agencies and vendors that we use. I have personally spoke with and exchanged emails with the CEO, and her staff, and she is extremely interested in making FD a better entity than it was 4 to 5 years ago. I would encourage you reach out to her or her staff before trying to solve via this route.

As for the issues you are having on the sites, you need to learn how to use the website features provided to make those changes yourself. If your provider doesn't allow, then either upgrade your package or switch vendors.

If you are having a conversation regarding high MSRP I would assume that it is missing from your feed. It is your responsibility to make sure that high MSRP is both input and mapped within your feed.

And, before you start trashing vendors for never having sold a car, keep in mind that you've never sat in their chair (assuming). It is a flawed idea that your OEM vendor is less effective having never been on the retail side.

Again, reach out to FD upper management and see if you can have a conversation that moves you towards a better place.

No matter which FD website vendor you choose, you cannot change your own business hours through the website. You have to email your FD rep so they can email other people and then they can change it. Somehow someone in this chain seems to screw things up about half the time. This is a small complaint, but reflective of the experience of working with FD as a whole.

Would love to switch website vendors but FD holds you hostage with rebate info so we are stuck with whatever they offer us.

I have complained relentlessly to all of our FD reps. Never thought to email their bosses because I assumed they were relaying my complaints. Who knows though. In my experience, I can complain to all I want to the FD vendors and they don't give a rat's ass. But if I trash them here on DealerRefresh, then I can finally get a bit of attention - possibly even get them to improve themselves.

Just wish FD would quit forcing upon us these vendors with substandard services. In my experience, the some of these vendors I'm complaining about actually offer good service when you are an individual client and not one lumped in with the FordDirect dealers.
You can change your hours on the DDC FD sites. We just did when our hours went back to normal for July and didn't have to reach out to our rep or FD or DDC. Do you have a DDC FD rep (separate from your FD rep)? Email me at [email protected] and I'll send you Diane's email address.