• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Ford's Digital Marketing - Awesome!

Alex Snyder

President Skroob
Staff member
May 1, 2006
Awards
First Name
Alex
I am absolutely loving Ford's approach to marketing these days. Check these sites out:

Telling the story >> The Ford Story: See where we are. Be a part of where we’re going.
Using video to the fullest >> Introducing The All-New 2010 Ford Taurus - Videos, Pictures, Specs & Pricing on the official site of the 2010 Ford Taurus
& 2010 Ford F-150 | Official Site of the Ford F-150 | FordVehicles.com

I can go on and on, but I have to give Ford credit for being the first OEM to fully grasp online marketing at the Tier 1 level. Jim Farley at Ford spoke at JD Power last week and added a lot more depth to things - very impressive!

I am absolutely loving Ford's approach to marketing these days. Check these sites out:

Telling the story >> The Ford Story: See where we are. Be a part of where we’re going.
Using video to the fullest >> Introducing The All-New 2010 Ford Taurus - Videos, Pictures, Specs & Pricing on the official site of the 2010 Ford Taurus
& 2010 Ford F-150 | Official Site of the Ford F-150 | FordVehicles.com

I can go on and on, but I have to give Ford credit for being the first OEM to fully grasp online marketing at the Tier 1 level. Jim Farley at Ford spoke at JD Power last week and added a lot more depth to things - very impressive!

WORDPRESS!!!

Watched a few interesting blogworld videos this weekend,
Blog World Expo | The Original Blogger Conference

Very interesting stuff about FORDS Fiesta campaign.

Ford Fiesta Movement: Can Social Media Sell Cars?
an article about the success of fords fiesta campaign.

snip-
It’s near the end of the six month campaign, so how has Ford’s experiment fared? Well, Ford shared some stats on the Fiesta campaign today, so we’ll let you decide. Here’s some of what they relayed to us:

- 4.3 million YouTube () views thus far
- 500,000+ Flickr () views
- 3 million+ Twitter impression
- 50,000 interested potential customers, 97% of which don’t own a Ford currentl

the blog,

Fiesta Movement | The 2011 Ford Fiesta: Live Feed | FiestaMovement.com

Now if I could only get on the Aston Martin campaign.

I think it's fantastic to see a manufacturer doing this. It's really something dealers should do more of, not to Ford's extent but certainly a more consistant effort.
We have 4 Ford dealerships in our organisation in Australia and would love to see this level of social media interaction by Ford down under.