• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Forms software

Apr 14, 2022
First Name
Matt
Hey guys,
I am an old car dealer who worked for a few big dealers but mostly small dealers who were selling 20-50 units a month. This was about 10 years ago and I am now in IT. I recently purchased a new vehicle from an old employer and got a laugh out of the fact that they are still using an auto-filling PDF I created when I worked for them way back in the day. It basically filled out the purchase agreement, titling paperwork, some finance paperwork and a few others by entering all the data on a single data entry page. I also had sold it to a few other dealers and turns out they all still use it too. In contacting them they actually told me they know quite a few dealers who still fill out paper documents because paying for a full blown CRM is over kill for their 20 unit/mo dealership.

Is this true or do I just know a bunch of old school guys that aren't really that hip to new software? Would this be something small independent dealers would be interested in? Super simple, forms only - no inventory management, no CRM, no VIN decoder, etc....just forms. Maybe an online portal which gave you your own login, branded forms, custom forms (for a price), updates as banks & states updated their forms. What is the closest competitor to that and what do you think that's worth as a monthly service type thing? $50/mo, $40/mo, $100/mo?

Without a doubt this is true. And I would agree with them for not buying an automotive-specific CRM doing low volume sales. There are other non-automotive CRMs out there that could help manage the follow-up, but those won't contain forms as a dealer would need them.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
You'd have a tough time competing with Frazer DMS. They offer unlimited custom form programming.

They only charge $85 /mo and are pretty well known among independents.

Without a doubt this is true. And I would agree with them for not buying an automotive-specific CRM doing low volume sales. There are other non-automotive CRMs out there that could help manage the follow-up, but those won't contain forms as a dealer would need them.
Having no CRM is a good way to stay doing low volume sales too :)

Reactions: Alex Snyder