• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Getting buried in your new car... by the manufacturer? (Tesla price drops, some massive)

AutoAlex

Give Away Artist
Oct 30, 2021
Awards
First Name
Alex
0jusy08durba1.jpg

Found this pricing chart on Reddit after seeing the news.
Someone that bought an X Plaid in November is now $19k upside down (plus tax) + a $7,500 tax credit that they didn't qualify for.

I can't tell you how many times I've heard customers say something along the lines of "I wish dealership pricing was consistent like Tesla's". Wish I was still consumer facing to pull this uno reverse card on them.

Maybe now that Tesla's stock is behaving like an automotive manufacturer (still way to high of a P/E to truly be in line, but definitely on the way there), they are also "treating" customers like a traditional manufacturer?

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
I believe Elon is ready for the race to the bottom. He can profitably build EVs at far lower prices than any other OEM

"Elon's strategic advantage lies in his ability to think using first principles and his focus on efficient manufacturing, in contrast to the entrenched bureaucracy and inefficiencies of traditional OEMs. His minimalist approach to product design also leads to a lower cost of production, particularly in the US where many OEMs have decades-old fiefdoms with layers of employees performing non-critical tasks."

p.s. That quote was colorized by ChatGPT (I created the theme and outline, ChatGPT connected it all)

Americans Are Struggling To Pay Car Loans​

An alarming number of Americans with auto loans are struggling to make monthly payments. Auto loan performance saw further deterioration in December, and loan delinquencies jumped. Of all loans, severely delinquent ones have reached the highest rate since the financial crisis about 15 years ago.

Recall last month. We pointed out the auto sector finds itself at a critical inflection point as a crushing auto loan crisis nears. The note was titled "Perfect Storm Arrives: "Massive Wave" Of Car Repossessions And Loan Defaults To Trigger Auto Market Disaster, Cripple US Economy." It provides readers with a roadmap and how the dominos might fall in triggering what Tesla CEO Elon Musk recently warned: "Potentially, the biggest financial crisis ever."