• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Getting fresh start on social networking.. or hold it off until

idkmybffamir

Full Sticker + Prep
Apr 29, 2009
First Name
AE
..our website is complete. I am using social networking in two forms; relations with our demographic, and to advertise our dealership's specialties (100% guaranteed credit approval, low prices, etc). The thing is, we are dropping our third party and signing up for TK Carsites. We do not have any content on our credit approval process on our website currently, so I feel the people that would find us in the next 90 days will go to our website and find nothing on it (until TK completes our new site)... therefore they'd have to call us to get more information about our credit approval program, adding another step to potentially closing a deal.

Our new website will be interactive, and all information will be present on our site, including thorough financing information, as well as info about our guaranteed approval.

The question is.. should I continue advertising these things through social networking, or should I hold it off until we have our new site?

We do, just no information about "100% Guaranteed Credit Approval!" except in our title page (because thats pretty much all we can experiment with). e*iz*ut*s wants $$$$ to paste four lines of text on an existing page. It's going to take 90 days to switch over to the new guys, and the new site will have all information about financing.

I advocate "100% guaranteed credit approval" on our social networking sites, but it's non-existant on our site; just a credit app.

A few questions.

1) Have you found success in driving leads via social efforts?
2) What does success mean to you regarding social networking?
3) What are you doing to keep customers interested? (Given that people buy a new car maybe once every couple years)

I'm assuming your site's already launched by now, but you still may want to consider the questions and how else you can "touch" your existing, loyal customers. Not many people want to be "friends" with a dealership... but those who do are incredibly engaged.