• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM Dealers Internet Numbers

Eley Duke

Boss
Nov 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Eley
Curious as to what percentages GM dealers are seeing in their BDC’s and how many appointments they are getting from their leads through OneSource? We are a Chevy, Cadillac, Buick and GMC dealer and we got 357 leads last month from GM and our website through OneSource. We made 19 appointments, 5%, we have a 90% show ratio of those set and about a 30% close ratio on those that show. Was wondering what other GM dealers are doing to compare my numbers. Does anyone have any new national data on set-show-sold percentages?

My other issues, I have 1 person in our BDC handling all the leads, which I know I need 2 people. I handle all our afterhours leads from my blackberry. We are not moving the needle in terms of growing our internet sales and I am looking for solutions. GM one Source leads are “supposed†to be scrubbed, yeah right, but I know I am missing something in not getting more people in the door out of 357 internet leads. Any advice?

Curious as to what percentages GM dealers are seeing in their BDC’s and how many appointments they are getting from their leads through OneSource? We are a Chevy, Cadillac, Buick and GMC dealer and we got 357 leads last month from GM and our website through OneSource. We made 19 appointments, 5%, we have a 90% show ratio of those set and about a 30% close ratio on those that show. Was wondering what other GM dealers are doing to compare my numbers. Does anyone have any new national data on set-show-sold percentages?

My other issues, I have 1 person in our BDC handling all the leads, which I know I need 2 people. I handle all our afterhours leads from my blackberry. We are not moving the needle in terms of growing our internet sales and I am looking for solutions. GM one Source leads are “supposed†to be scrubbed, yeah right, but I know I am missing something in not getting more people in the door out of 357 internet leads. Any advice?

You should be making a lot more appointments. Call me next week, I'll give you a free consultation. Perhaps we can get you pointed in the right direction. I am back in my office Monday after 12:00PM.

Well in my opinion I think you definitely could be getting more out of those leads but even if they were all handled properly you would probably be disappointed in the numbers. We handle about a third of the leads you get and close anywhere from 4-6%. To be fair we have 6 cradle to grave Int SP and 1 CRC person so I am able to divide the leads up. So I am sure you could increase your numbers. Not to get too much into your business but if you have1 person handling 350 GM leads, is the same person handling your other leads as well?

I do not put a premium on the GM leads and focus most of my attention on our website traffic. I am not saying the are not important but I just don't get to anal about them. About 85% of our online business comes from our main website.

Best of luck...

You should be getting way more than 5%, but then in my case our leads are going directly to salesmen instead of into the BDC.

In my mind the BDC shouldn't handle actual leads, they should create leads from scratch.