• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GM OneSource changes coming??? anyone know anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eley Duke

Boss
Nov 30, 2009
Awards
First Name
Eley
Today I was talking with our CRM vendor, Votenza, and they told me some very interesting things they heard straight from GM OneSource! They were telling me that in about 90 days OneSource is planning to make changes to their system where all leads coming into OneSource must be handled through OneSource. I took this as no stopping the clock then answering and continuing the follow up with your 3rd party provider, but as that everything will be handled through OneSource only! They confirmed that is what he said! They were telling me that the OneSource rep they got this information from was saying that GM will now as well be checking the quality of your responses, expecting 24hour custom replies, checking for content, etc! Has anyone heard about anything like this.

Eley

Today I was talking with our CRM vendor, Votenza, and they told me some very interesting things they heard straight from GM OneSource! They were telling me that in about 90 days OneSource is planning to make changes to their system where all leads coming into OneSource must be handled through OneSource. I took this as no stopping the clock then answering and continuing the follow up with your 3rd party provider, but as that everything will be handled through OneSource only! They confirmed that is what he said! They were telling me that the OneSource rep they got this information from was saying that GM will now as well be checking the quality of your responses, expecting 24hour custom replies, checking for content, etc! Has anyone heard about anything like this.

Eley

There are about 20-30 CRM vendors who have GM OneSource approved products. You can use any vendor that is on that approved list. You don't have to use the SCI Torque lead management product or whatever it is called. Just make sure your CRM company is on the approved list. You can probably get that list from GM. If they aren't, then you would potentially have to use 2 CRMs.

You can call the help desk at GM OneSource directly to answer any questions you have on this at [FONT=&quot]905-479-1595 Ext. 2517[/FONT]

Thanks Matt, I guess I wasn’t clear in what I was trying to say. I have heard that OneSource is going to monitor all correspondence between the dealer and the customer and there is talk that they will require that to happen through the Torque lead management tool only. It seems to me they are going to force all 3rd party lead tools out and only allow OneSource to handle any of the GM leads. I was wondering if anyone had heard anything about this, not just the fact they are going to monitor everything, but that they may force you to only use OneSource?

This will be interesting for sure! I know everyone is going through a recertification process right now. Real time tracking will be going into effect on February 25th.

I figured they will be checking content here in the near future. Right now GM is rewarding sheer response time - nothing else. Cadillac SFE had a great program where you got mystery shopped about 10x a quarter - and it based on response time along with the quality and content. GM is flying by the seat of their pants with all of this and its pretty frustrating to know exactly what's in store for us around the corner. Just gotta keep on keepin' on doing the right thing....

Mercedes-Benz tried to do this a few years back. Certified CRM vendors -- selected by some gentlemen that had NEVER worked in a dealer nor ever used a CRM before (I sat beside the guy at a Mercedes dealer convention and be basically told me he had never used a CRM service before).

Mercedes wanted to be able to police the dealers on this Mercedes KPI report. None of the "certified" CRM vendors were able to get the reports right for Mercedes. HA!!

Needless to say; Mercedes dropped the program after a short 3 years.

I don't know why so many manufacturers try to control internet leads like this. How about more training instead of institution!

I was actually talking with (a reputable inside source) who says that eLead CRM/ILM tool will work with GM OneSource and will be certified with them when they make the changes. You'll even be able to stop the clock from your cell phone with their mobile ILM tool, too, which is pretty cool.

That may be an option for you as you look at your choices. Either way, WAY frustrating with GM trying to hold your hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.