• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google Anaylytics and a Dealer Connecton Web site.

I am not sure if Dealer Connection will place the code on your site. I am sure you will need to ask them but it is a small bit of code so I can't imagine it would be much of a problem. But I did want to let you know that Google Data is not in real-time. In fact it is always a day behind so if you are looking at a real-time data needs this is not the direction you will want to go.

I am not sure if Dealer Connection will place the code on your site. I am sure you will need to ask them but it is a small bit of code so I can't imagine it would be much of a problem. But I did want to let you know that Google Data is not in real-time. In fact it is always a day behind so if you are looking at a real-time data needs this is not the direction you will want to go.

Todd, you know better. It's not a day behind! Come on. PITCH!!!!!!!

:) still love you Todd.

Google analytics is free and you can expect it to be about 4 to 6 hours behind. I know this because I watch it like a hawk and we run live feeds and I keep the analytics on a site. The feed last for 2 hours and the hits show up between 4 to 6 hours later. Anything beyond that really isn't necessary. Live analytics may be cool but not a need. If you do want to go with live analytics there is also free software out there that I have tested and it works fine.

Definitely give your contact at Ford a call to see if they can install the script for you. As Todd says..it's a light script and easy to install. I can't imagine any manufacture preventing you from doing this...well, yes I can.

Ryan, are you sure about the 6 hours? I have tracked much longer...almost a 12-24 hour period for ALL of my stats to post in Google analytics.

Definitely give your contact at Ford a call to see if they can install the script for you. As Todd says..it's a light script and easy to install. I can't imagine any manufacture preventing you from doing this...well, yes I can.

Ryan, are you sure about the 6 hours? I have tracked much longer...almost a 12-24 hour period for ALL of my stats to post in Google analytics.

Thats my experience. I maintain a good amount of accounts and I watch some a couple times a day. These accounts have TV promotion, Live Streams, Etc....

Maybe it's different for different people? Not sure.

It's always hard to get the code placed, with any third party provider. However, given enough calls and (finally) getting escalated to the right "level" in support will let you succeed. Providers are seeing these types of requests more and more often-- hopefully we'll see some better efficiencies soon.