• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google+ Now For Businesses

CAORYAN

Boss
May 28, 2009
First Name
Ryan
I just successfully built out a business profile on Google+. I went to Youtube and saw a "Create A Page" button and started the process. The one interested thing I have found is they give you a code for the header of your website. Jeff and I spoke about this at DD this year. I believe this is their way of identifying your social activity and giving you rank boost for your website.

I'll be honest, I hadn't even logged into G+ for months before this news. But given how circles and +1s appear to hold influence over search rankings, I figure it's one of those things we can't not be on. So I went ahead and made a page and will be more or less cross-posting our content from elsewhere. We'll see how it goes.

I'll be honest, I hadn't even logged into G+ for months before this news. But given how circles and +1s appear to hold influence over search rankings, I figure it's one of those things we can't not be on. So I went ahead and made a page and will be more or less cross-posting our content from elsewhere. We'll see how it goes.

Same here. I got almost no real friends using it, just a bunch of automotive vendors like me pushing their product (I'm a vendor already!). There are a few dealers from some far away state pushing their TV ads to me also. Notmuseful at all.

The biz connection may be interesting IF they link this to your Google places page so you have a few more options to customize things, add news, etc.

Michael, I've begun the process of building the pages for our locations and the most appropriate category I've seen is Gas & Automotive. I suppose you could roll with Stores & Shopping as well. Which category makes more sense to the Refresh crowd?

This forum has more tekkies and socialites and the ilk that are first adopters to any new gizmo, trend, fad, etc. Is there anybody here who is regularly Plussing?

Jeff/Alex/Joe -- can you do one of those survey dohickeys? Who has personally signed-up for plus, and how often they actually Plus?

How can we answer the question: if a tree falls in the woods, and no one +1's, does it make a social?