• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Google's Upcoming SEO Changes

emilymoore

Boss
Feb 21, 2011
Awards
First Name
Emily
Google's Matt Cutts pre-announced changes Google will be implementing to the ranking and indexing algorithms in the next few months. Specifically, he mentioned about ten changes coming to Google's search results and algorithms over this summer.

1. Major Penguin Update
  2. Advertorial Spam
  3. Spammy Queries Being Looked At
  4. Going Upstream At Link Spammers
  5. More Sophisticated Link Analysis
  6. Improvements On Hacked Sites
  7. Authority Boost In Algorithm
  8. Panda To Soften
  9. Domain Clusters In SERPs
  10. Improved Webmaster Communication

Here's his video:

Good find.
I'm excited to see what impact this has on all our rankings. We have a few different strategies going on right now and it will be very interesting to see how each one plays out under these updates.

Also, I love that he's wearing a Firefox shirt.

I'm pretty excited that tiered link building will go away! I have a couple competitors that have been creeping up the ranks because of it. I'll probably have a small party if they get swatted!

It'll also be interesting to see how the various dealers with keyword densities around the 50% range fare with the next wave of Penguin. You'll probably see a wave of companies offering Penguin Relief services.

It'll also be interesting to see how the various dealers with keyword densities around the 50% range fare with the next wave of Penguin. You'll probably see a wave of companies offering Penguin Relief services.

+1

I'm also excited to see if they'll address dealerships that tackle multiple cities, which is against the "rules" Google sets forth for link stuffing. However, I see many sites successfully using a <li> list of cities on their website to show up for cities they are hours from.