• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

GPT-4 vs. GPT-3.5

Satchel Kolde

Lot Lizard
Sep 8, 2022
Awards
First Name
Satchel
Added gpt-3.5-turbo into our consumer texting flow via API and it's excellent. Fine-tuning is not yet available for 3.5 turbo so we have to put in pretty extensive prompts on every message (e.g., system messages for training and the sms history) but it's still extremely efficient.

Here's an example:

1680197563769.png

GPT-4 has the ability to accept image prompts (not yet available with the API or consumer GPT console). I'd love to use it to describe visible damage shown in an image.

Lot of early GPT adopters on DR... what are you thinking about GPT-4 use cases vs GPT-3.5?

Added gpt-3.5-turbo into our consumer texting flow via API and it's excellent. Fine-tuning is not yet available for 3.5 turbo so we have to put in pretty extensive prompts on every message (e.g., system messages for training and the sms history) but it's still extremely efficient.

Here's an example:

View attachment 7850

GPT-4 has the ability to accept image prompts (not yet available with the API or consumer GPT console). I'd love to use it to describe visible damage shown in an image.

Lot of early GPT adopters on DR... what are you thinking about GPT-4 use cases vs GPT-3.5?
Using to add additional info and value to service repair recommendations and explain work to be done "why fix the brakes on your Audi S5, service brakes etc." Also provide dynamic templates for sales people to use as responses. Considering dynamic SEO page generation and generating vehicle descriptions as well. Lots of potential. Normally our opcodes contain cryptic info so expading on these.

Last edited:
Using to add additional info and value to service repair recommendations and explain work to be done "why fix the brakes on your Audi S5, service brakes etc." Also provide dynamic templates for sales people to use as responses. Considering dynamic SEO page generation and generating vehicle descriptions as well. Lots of potential. Normally our opcodes contain cryptic info so expading on these.
Will save over $50,000 per year just on vehicle descriptions alone across our group.

Perfect use cases... love the service repair recommendations

Just saw this today: Call ChatGPT at +1 (640)-CALL-SAM

You can call (640) 225-5726 and talk to "Samantha." It's just plain GPT 3.5 but it's pretty fast and is the best iteration I've seen of the GPT/Whisper APIs for understanding speech

Reactions: Todd Thompson
Will save over $50,000 per year just on vehicle descriptions alone across our group.
That's a very big group or a very expensive vehicle description tool.
Either way, we just started using it in our website product to generate vehicle descriptions and it's pretty good so far.
Training the prompt takes some time and you do have to check the validity of the data, but you can work around alot of that in the prompt.

Either way, we just started using it in our website product to generate vehicle descriptions and it's pretty good so far.
Training the prompt takes some time and you do have to check the validity of the data, but you can work around alot of that in the prompt.
I'm guessing they more than likely had a dedicated full-time role handling vehicle descriptions?

I question the ROI of such a position though considering third parties and most website providers have really hidden vehicle comments.

Yes crazy how it adds up at say 60 stores paying around $100 rooftop. is actually more like 72G. You can see the motivation.

I'm guessing they more than likely had a dedicated full-time role handling vehicle descriptions?

I question the ROI of such a position though considering third parties and most website providers have really hidden vehicle comments.
No was left up to the stores and the stores ended up with a description add-on tool for about $125 or so per mo. Can't imagine a dedicated description position.. that'd be painful. AI is perfect for this.

While fine-tuning may not be available for GPT-3.5-turbo specifically, leveraging prompts and providing relevant context can indeed help enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the model's responses. It's great to know that you are making use of system messages for training and including SMS history to improve the conversation quality.