• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Has anyone heard of C-4 Analytics?

SeanWoodruff

Bone King
May 14, 2011
First Name
Sean
Has anyone heard of the SEM Marketing Company called C-4 Analytics? This is their website below. They're out of Boston. My dealership is always looking to improve our business and I am going to be talking to these guys. They would handle all of our digital/SEM marketing. Also anybody have any good questions or things I should definitely ask them?

C-4 Analytics | Boston Online Marketing: Social Media & Advertising Analytics

Thanks for your support, I love this site.

Yeah start off by asking them why they don't even have a SINGLE CTA button on any page, nonetheless ZERO on the homepage. As well why theirs no phone number except in the footer..

Optimization?

More like #FAIL.

Also wait, nice image text below the header above the photo. STRONG SEO skills, haha.

Jeeezzz Seriously?

Please don't give your money to this garbage "start-up".

I can get over the cheesy stock photos, but how can you sell this kind of stuff?

These people have NO Clue.

Also:

Domain age (approximately):3 Years, 5 Months, 1 days.

Search engine optimization is a fundamental core of our business and we have been a leader in SEO since the dawn of the Internet.

Ha, no comment. lol

https://plus.google.com/116056966254301228001/about

That feel when a "SEO Company" is too stupid to link FB, TWTR, LN, etc in the G+ Account. STRONG backlinking knowledge. By strong I mean stupid.

Or that feel when 2 reviews posted, both posted 3 months ago. Same style, clearly fake.

STRONG Facebook skills. Love your page, NOT.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/C-4-Analytics/144488845583403?fref=ts

Also is their office in a hotel room?

Love the Holiday Inn listed at the same address.. Real Nice.

But I'm glad you posted, I will help you weed out some of the bad/fake marketing companies. A TON of them have been popping up...

Reactions: craigh
What services are you looking for? Pay per click? SEO? Retargeting?

Also, which company handles your site? Dealer.com? Vin?

I have never heard of them before, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. I can understand kcar's criticism, but sometimes small businesses don't spend enough time working on themselves, and produce a generic site like that. Doesn't mean that they are bad, but it does mean you need to be a little cautious.

For SEO you are going to need to know how they acquire links, and what their content strategy is.

For ppc you are going to want to find out quality scores, bounce rate and click thru rate.

You'll also want some clients they've worked with. You can use tools like Semrush and spyfu to check out their campaigns.

I have never heard of them before, but that doesn't mean a whole lot. I can understand kcar's criticism, but sometimes small businesses don't spend enough time working on themselves, and produce a generic site like that. Doesn't mean that they are bad, but it does mean you need to be a little cautious.

I can see kcar's point but cmjerry is also correct.

Some companies are good about SEO but not specific to the car business. So while they are not used to all our bells and whistles, they are good about SEO in general (like: who cares they don't' have a Facebook).

I had a client ask me last week to take over their PPC from a local guy. I asked to check his work first. He is using a $3,000 budget and charges the dealer $190 a month for his services. His work seemed to me to be top notch. He is non automotive exclusive (I'm). So in this case I look better but I told the client to stay with his services since I can't improve what they already have.

On the other hand I checked a client that has SEO done by a larger exclusive automotive company and while the strategy is good, they chose the wrong town names out; they chose the ones with low population and left the ones with high concentration of people. Most of their PPC was being spent in their own name.

There are PLENTY of articles in DR about SEO and companies that do SEO.

Reactions: 1 person
Hey kcar, I’m Justin and I am a partner at that “fake” enterprise digital marketing agency C-4 Analytics—you know, the one that works out of a hotel room (you’re on to us!). Although I just joined this forum (the Holiday Inn Express keeps changing that wifi password), I wanted to use my very first post to thank you for your diligent devotion and commitment to helping automotive professionals weed out “garbage” marketing companies like ours. You should be really proud of the great job you are doing!

The extraordinary insight and perception gleaned from your well-founded investigation is a testament to the seven minutes of what must have been exhaustive research required for you to carefully analyze, conclude, write and post your fair and balanced evaluation of our agency. Your professionalism, attention to detail and well-reasoned logic is simply, beyond refute.

It’s clear that you really took the necessary time to carefully evaluate our capabilities, solutions, industry recognition, awards, testimonials, case studies and actual customer performance before posting the findings of your exhaustive examination. I also wanted to thank you for using your keen investigatory skills and proficient expertise in IT, Google+ and literary forensics to determine that our public Google reviews were “clearly fake.” There is need for someone of your intellect and accomplishment to spend the time to talk to them, or dozens of other references. You truly are a scholar and an asset to any automotive professionals who needs a neutral assessment of a digital marketing partner. This industry needs more well researched marketing professionals like you!

Hey look, I’m not too crazy about our website either, but the reality is, we save the killer strategies and CTAs for our clients. 90% of our business is from client referrals. In other words, when we get results—they tell their friends. So far, it seems to be working. Anyone who wants to have a serious discussion about why the “cobblers children have no shoes” is free to call us to discuss. As kcar pointed out, our phone number is on the site and a real human will pick up the phone and talk to you about it.

I have been doing this for a long time but in just a few minutes, I have already learned so much from you kcar! I wasn’t aware until you pointed it out that SEO proficiency isn't about a client's results, but directly correlated to whether our Google+ linked to Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin! Why didn’t you explain earlier how Google works? We could have been saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in software licensing fees a year!

We also had no idea that you could only hire people with the same level of experience as the age of your domain name. That means we'll need to get rid of the guy who built dozens of million-dollar websites, and the guy who was building lead conversion websites for Standard & Poor's back in the 1990s. I'll have to go too, since I have been doing this since 1998. Remember Lycos, Hotbot, Inktomi, that little patent called PageRank? Hey kcar, if you have less than 3.5 years in online marketing experience, please feel free to apply for one of our jobs. We’re hiring!

Yes, there's a Holiday Inn Express listed at our address. We share a parking garage with them. We're in the 5000-square-foot office in the five-story office building across the covered walkway, in between the Hilltop Steak House and, well, Hooters. Route 1 office space isn't cheap, but you get to pick your neighbors.

We're also not big on promoting ourselves through social media, as you noted. It's like the CTAs. We save that for our clients. If you've been following along here, kcar, you might just be starting to understand that we are the kind of agency that is too busy helping our clients sell more cars to post clever cat memes on Facebook. There's a reason for that: We don't need to, and we'd rather put the energy into helping our clients succeed. We focus on the important things, our clients, and that’s why we are successful.

Feel free to stop by sometime, kcar—we can talk CTAs and SEO. You've got the address. And since you already know everything, when peers on the forum ask you if you learned anything from us you can say with a straight face, “No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.”

This is the most passive aggressive post I've seen here. Well Justin, I can tell you that anyone that uses your company is a fool. Congratulations on looking like a moron; instead of coming in and explaining how your company could help the OP, you come in swinging. You had the opportunity to explain the benefit of using your crappy service, but instead you act like a little boy. This just shows how immature of a company you have. Good luck! You are really going to need it.

Hey kcar, I’m Justin and I am a partner at that “fake” enterprise digital marketing agency C-4 Analytics—you know, the one that works out of a hotel room (you’re on to us!). Although I just joined this forum (the Holiday Inn Express keeps changing that wifi password), I wanted to use my very first post to thank you for your diligent devotion and commitment to helping automotive professionals weed out “garbage” marketing companies like ours. You should be really proud of the great job you are doing!

The extraordinary insight and perception gleaned from your well-founded investigation is a testament to the seven minutes of what must have been exhaustive research required for you to carefully analyze, conclude, write and post your fair and balanced evaluation of our agency. Your professionalism, attention to detail and well-reasoned logic is simply, beyond refute.

It’s clear that you really took the necessary time to carefully evaluate our capabilities, solutions, industry recognition, awards, testimonials, case studies and actual customer performance before posting the findings of your exhaustive examination. I also wanted to thank you for using your keen investigatory skills and proficient expertise in IT, Google+ and literary forensics to determine that our public Google reviews were “clearly fake.” There is need for someone of your intellect and accomplishment to spend the time to talk to them, or dozens of other references. You truly are a scholar and an asset to any automotive professionals who needs a neutral assessment of a digital marketing partner. This industry needs more well researched marketing professionals like you!

Hey look, I’m not too crazy about our website either, but the reality is, we save the killer strategies and CTAs for our clients. 90% of our business is from client referrals. In other words, when we get results—they tell their friends. So far, it seems to be working. Anyone who wants to have a serious discussion about why the “cobblers children have no shoes” is free to call us to discuss. As kcar pointed out, our phone number is on the site and a real human will pick up the phone and talk to you about it.

I have been doing this for a long time but in just a few minutes, I have already learned so much from you kcar! I wasn’t aware until you pointed it out that SEO proficiency isn't about a client's results, but directly correlated to whether our Google+ linked to Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin! Why didn’t you explain earlier how Google works? We could have been saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in software licensing fees a year!

We also had no idea that you could only hire people with the same level of experience as the age of your domain name. That means we'll need to get rid of the guy who built dozens of million-dollar websites, and the guy who was building lead conversion websites for Standard & Poor's back in the 1990s. I'll have to go too, since I have been doing this since 1998. Remember Lycos, Hotbot, Inktomi, that little patent called PageRank? Hey kcar, if you have less than 3.5 years in online marketing experience, please feel free to apply for one of our jobs. We’re hiring!

Yes, there's a Holiday Inn Express listed at our address. We share a parking garage with them. We're in the 5000-square-foot office in the five-story office building across the covered walkway, in between the Hilltop Steak House and, well, Hooters. Route 1 office space isn't cheap, but you get to pick your neighbors.

We're also not big on promoting ourselves through social media, as you noted. It's like the CTAs. We save that for our clients. If you've been following along here, kcar, you might just be starting to understand that we are the kind of agency that is too busy helping our clients sell more cars to post clever cat memes on Facebook. There's a reason for that: We don't need to, and we'd rather put the energy into helping our clients succeed. We focus on the important things, our clients, and that’s why we are successful.

Feel free to stop by sometime, kcar—we can talk CTAs and SEO. You've got the address. And since you already know everything, when peers on the forum ask you if you learned anything from us you can say with a straight face, “No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.”

Alright time to jump in. We're currently using C-4 after the recommendation by several dealers across the U.S. and our 20 group. We were told they were the "real deal" and it's true, they are very very good at what they do. They are our 4th automotive marketing company in the past 6 years or so (after giving some of the top SEM companies in the U.S. a chance to satisfy us) and they're by far the best and clearly at the top of their game. They handle all 7 of our stores and we would absolutely recommend them and fully understand why they live off of dealer referrals.

Yes, Justin did come out swinging, but I would have too if somebody posted a review of my company as ignorant and uneducated as kcar did.

And no really-dan, we're not fools for using them. Our Ford and Honda stores (who both use C-4) are both in the top 10 for most profitable dealers in the U.S. for their respective brand. We're far from fools.

Reactions: wmrcs and AutoAng
Alright time to jump in. We're currently using C-4 after the recommendation by several dealers across the U.S. and our 20 group. We were told they were the "real deal" and it's true, they are very very good at what they do. They are our 4th automotive marketing company in the past 6 years or so (after giving some of the top SEM companies in the U.S. a chance to satisfy us) and they're by far the best and clearly at the top of their game. They handle all 7 of our stores and we would absolutely recommend them and fully understand why they live off of dealer referrals.

Yes, Justin did come out swinging, but I would have too if somebody posted a review of my company as ignorant and uneducated as kcar did.

And no really-dan, we're not fools for using them. Our Ford and Honda stores (who both use C-4) are both in the top 10 for most profitable dealers in the U.S. for their respective brand. We're far from fools.

I'm glad to see this thread go full circle and get some real feedback from someone who uses C-4.

I just saw this thread for the first time after Really Dan recently brought it back to life (Is Really Dan....Really Dan?) I enjoyed reading Justin's response to Kcar's obvious unwarranted attack, it was entertaining, and put Kcar in his place.

I have clients that use C-4 and they are all high volume website traffic clients. I see the back end numbers from Unique Visitors to Chats to Leads. With our C-4 clients we see a higher percentage of conversion from UV to chats. What does that mean? It shows that the traffic coming to the website is quality traffic that converts, and that someone knows what they are doing. We also have other clients using good SEO companies, and Pay Per click management companies that do a decent job, but often we see clients hire a company that drives traffic way up that doesn't convert to chats/leads (poor quality traffic). So from what I see C-4 does a great job. I would recommend getting feedback directly from C-4 clients. If you are shopping for SEO providers make sure to speak directly with their clients, get the website conversion numbers from traffic to leads/sales before and after they started using them....That tells the real story....

Reactions: AutoAng