• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Help: How to show value in a BDC?

BHavican

Boss
Jan 11, 2013
Awards
First Name
Bill
Hi all,

I'm looking for a little help and hoping to get a few ideas from all you awesome people out there. ;) So back in November I earned a shot at being a BDC manager and have had what I considered great success. We sold 20 more cars in Dec. than in Oct. and increased BDC profit by about $30k. Also, helped increase nearly every metric you can think of all while reducing our expenses. I'm awesome, right? Well I'll be honest, the department was neglected and coming in and doing things the right way helped a lot (I'd go into detail but I think I've done enough bragging).

So enough grandstanding, let me get to the issue. Our dealership is being sold and I have no idea if the new ownership is going to keep me on in my role. I feel I have a great sample of the value I can bring, but from what I hear the new owner is heavy into traditional marketing and somewhat ignores the internet side of things. In fact, I heard the VP that oversees the new owner's stores was a bit in shock when he found out my compensation, which I believe is pretty modest for the position and location. Essentially I'm thinking that I'm going to have to sell the new ownership on the benefits of a well run BDC and that I'm the best person to manage it. I could be worried over nothing, but I'd rather be prepared if need be.

This is where I'd love any type of advice I can get. I'm going to try and get a meeting with the VP and put together a presentation with some good info on why it's important to have a great BDC along with my internet strategy. I'm big on tracking and analytics so I feel good about the improvements I've made and selling myself, but FB likes/engagement and VDP views don't mean a thing if the VP doesn't believe in them. If anyone has some good sources/statistics that can help me prove my points, that would be great. Also any advice on how to go about selling someone on the benefits of a BDC that'd be great too.

Thanks! :D

Lol! Ya, forgot to add that if anyone hears of any openings in the Chicago area I wouldn't mind a heads up.
Chicago? Your job has to be safe. High taxes, high unemployment, high crime, high cost of living with bad schools and weather makes we wonder if they have UHauls up there. If it wasn't for the Great Lakes, Canada would be building a fence.

Reactions: 1 person