• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Help with writing Job Description

rapidchevrolet.com

Full Sticker
Nov 9, 2009
First Name
Matt
Hey Everyone,

I am in the hiring process for what I call an internet marketer/assistant. I need to know if anyone can send me some info regarding a job description for what I am looking for.

Here are the details of the dept.

Internet Sales Manager-Pay-Straight Commission
Internet Marketer/Assistant?---"X" per week $15 for appt. $25 per sold appt. This is the Position that I need some help with a job description.

Here is what I have right now:

Qualification:
  1. Some HTML knowledge for updating websites as well as creating email newsletter and ad copy for the website.
  2. The ability to work outside.
  3. Must be able to organize and prioritize schedules as well as set appointments.
  4. Must be able to use technology, email, digital cameras, video, youtube, ebay.
  5. Must be able to work with a diverse client base as well as provide good customer service.
  6. This is a growing department with opportunity for advancement.
  7. Any help or any job descriptions that you may use, would be of great help.

Thanks,

Matt Scott

The position as you describe, I don't feel should be paid as piece work. There are a couple of options though.

1.) Fill is as an hourly position, where their work i not tied to sales at all. They have no control over the sales process, so it's difficult to motivate that wat.

2.) Tap your local HS, CC, and undergraduate schools using the position as an internship. They're still accountable for their work, and if they're let go, that affects their grades.

It harkens back to what's been mention on here repeatedly. Do you take a good sales person, and force them into an IT position, or recruit an IT/Marketing person, and try to teach them the sales aspect.

For a position like this, I'd rather have n IT/ Marketing person in place, and consider their development of sales skills a bonus. Putting a good sales person in that position, I've seen as a loss for the company.

My 2 cents, worth about .05 vents Canadian.

Chris
Dealer Fire
Car Dealer Websites - Auto Dealer Websites - Automotive Dealer Websites - SEM/SEO - Coupons Systems and more for Auto Dealers