• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

HomeNet vs vAuto as an Inventory Provider

Dec 19, 2018
Awards
First Name
Bill
I don't know if anyone else is experiencing this, but HomeNet's customer service has gone in the toilet over the last few years (probably since Covid, which I know is a problem many vendors are having), but I am considering pursuing a new inventory provider. My easiest decision would just be to go with vAuto. I wondered if anyone has used both and had an idea of the benefits of one over the other. I do think it is interesting that Cox owns both. Any other inventory provider recommendations would be helpful as well.

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
vAuto and HomeNet == Same company. I have actually called into vAuto inventory syndication support and spoken with some of the same people I have dealt with from HomeNet.

I have also heard that vAuto is moving more towards using HomeNet as the syndication source - so even if you are signed up with vAuto syndication, you might still be using HomeNet?

Would be nice for a Cox rep to chime in with the current status and plans vs. what we are "hearing".

Reactions: Jeff Kershner
vAuto and HomeNet == Same company. I have actually called into vAuto inventory syndication support and spoken with some of the same people I have dealt with from HomeNet.

I have also heard that vAuto is moving more towards using HomeNet as the syndication source - so even if you are signed up with vAuto syndication, you might still be using HomeNet?

Would be nice for a Cox rep to chime in with the current status and plans vs. what we are "hearing".
This was exactly my fear and the question that I asked by vAuto rep. He didn't seem to think there was overlap, but it sounds like there might be. I asked him too why they didn't just combine the two. Seems to me it would make good business sense as far as cost and things like that. Sounds like the main problem both are having with their customer service is the big problem a lot of people in the country are having: people working from home.

This was exactly my fear and the question that I asked by vAuto rep. He didn't seem to think there was overlap, but it sounds like there might be. I asked him too why they didn't just combine the two. Seems to me it would make good business sense as far as cost and things like that. Sounds like the main problem both are having with their customer service is the big problem a lot of people in the country are having: people working from home.
There is overlap. The homenet feed ids sometimes have the corresponding VAuto dealer MP number on them.

Reactions: BillKVMotorCo
I have never understood why general HomeNet support degrades and improves. I used them as a dealer and have been using them as a vendor. The ups and downs are very apparent and they've been happening long before COVID.

Reactions: craigh
I have never understood why general HomeNet support degrades and improves. I used them as a dealer and have been using them as a vendor. The ups and downs are very apparent and they've been happening long before COVID.
I had a supervisor reach out to me maybe 6 months to a year ago and I gave him my thoughts. I received no response.

YUP!! I can second this in regards to their first level support being shared. Not sure about higher level support with vAuto. I'm seeing tech vendors across ALL sectors cut back in customer support with little improvement anytime soon. I'm sure most are hoping Ai steps in to provide first level support asap. As @Alex Snyder points out - it tends to go up and down, but I have yet to brick wall. I've been using Homenet since they started so many years ago - being one of their first 10 dealers using the service. They would really have to screw up for me to consider moving on. There's a few higher ups that keep an eye on and read DealerRefresh - so I would not be surprised someone reaches out to you via DM.

YUP!! I can second this in regards to their first level support being shared. Not sure about higher level support with vAuto. I'm seeing tech vendors across ALL sectors cut back in customer support with little improvement anytime soon. I'm sure most are hoping Ai steps in to provide first level support asap. As @Alex Snyder points out - it tends to go up and down, but I have yet to brick wall. I've been using Homenet since they started so many years ago - being one of their first 10 dealers using the service. They would really have to screw up for me to consider moving on. There's a few higher ups that keep an eye on and read DealerRefresh - so I would not be surprised someone reaches out to you via DM.
We've been with them since we bought the store 9 years ago, so I have no desire to switch, but when you have inventory issues, you can't wait a week for them to be fixed or the inventory is gone. And when a supervisor won't respond to your email you kind of start to lose all hope. We've had this issue for 2 months with no resolution and it's been 4 days since my last email to support. I would say that my service with them for the first 5 years was top-notch, but it's gone downhill since then and has never recovered.

We've been with them since we bought the store 9 years ago, so I have no desire to switch, but when you have inventory issues, you can't wait a week for them to be fixed or the inventory is gone. And when a supervisor won't respond to your email you kind of start to lose all hope. We've had this issue for 2 months with no resolution and it's been 4 days since my last email to support. I would say that my service with them for the first 5 years was top-notch, but it's gone downhill since then and has never recovered.

VERY TRUE! That's a direct impact to the bottom line and wallets.