• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How do you sell Accessories?

ghen

Boss
Oct 14, 2009
First Name
call me Jason
Pretty much everyone at my dealership hates the GM Accessories tool provided by Dealertrack, but it's incredibly cheap and does technically work. The main problem though is it won't work for my other brands or SEMA approved 3rd party parts.

Do you have any suggestions for accessory sales? I'm working from a blank slate here. All of our "sales" are from accessories we pre-build into showroom cars or customers that come in for something specific.

I've looked at a tool called Add-on-Auto from Izmocars that is incredibly slick and fully featured. I haven't seen anything else on the market though, figured I'd ask here.

We populated online shopping cart software with part numbers and parts kits for our Honda store. Each day we have cron job set to update pricing. Still in its infancy but better than the excel sheet we had been handing out at the time of delivery

https://store.crownmotorsredding.com

Did you change all of the product descriptions and add content to perform better with the search angines for each item or are you relying on the customers to come back to your website after the sale?

Using Izmocars ad on auto for a few months, nice technology. As with all technology however you are only as successful as those tasked with using it are. We are fortunate enough to have a sales manager in charge of this project that does not accept failure. Shawnee has been a huge part in the success of this program as far as keeping our salespeople and other managers(myself included) focused on using the process 100%. We also made it lucrative for our salespeople to sell accessories and have buy in from Service and Parts for quick turnaround on installs.

Bottom line is this Big Commitments can bring Big Success.........Are you ready to commit? If so AOA is a good product.

RE: jpark31

We have attempted to add SEO friendly URL's & Content. After the sale consumers receive email invitations to our dealership offerings specific to their vehicle as well.

traffic-sources-store.gif

We populated online shopping cart software with part numbers and parts kits for our Honda store. Each day we have cron job set to update pricing. Still in its infancy but better than the excel sheet we had been handing out at the time of delivery

https://store.crownmotorsredding.com

That's really well done. Have you thought about adding an installation option to your products similar to estore.honda.com?