Dealer Teamwork How Often Do You Check-In With Your Digital Marketing Vendor?

Discussion in 'Dealer Teamwork' started by Joe Friedrichsen, Aug 8, 2019.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. Joe Friedrichsen

Joe Friedrichsen
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Joe
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Dealer Teamwork
    Twitter Handle:
    @friedrichsenjoe
    It's safe to say that no dealership wants to spend money on a digital marketing service without knowing that service is helping them sell more cars, right?

For dealers using digital marketing vendors: How would you describe your account management experiences with your digital marketing vendor? For example, how often do you have meetings with your account rep? Do you walk away from those meetings feeling like you've learned something new or understand how your digital marketing is helping your dealer sell more vehicles? What types of metrics are you interested in seeing vs. what you’re being shown?

Vendors: How often do you meet with your dealer clients? What are some of the struggles you face when trying to meet with dealers and how do you overcome them?

Let me know your thoughts! I'd love to hear them!

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
  2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. Mark Daniels

Mark Daniels
    Expand Collapse
    Getting Refreshed

First Name:
    Marc
    Over the lat years, I found that meeting with dealers (as a vendor) was perfect every month.

Mid month is the best, because you have a trend but also time to turn things around if it's going sour.

Spacing those meetings is bad for everyone, especially the dealer.

Aside of meeting frequency, the subject and goals are far more important. I've seen some people meet with dealers every week but not adress the business at all.

You must set expectations and agenda for the next meeting. You then have to see if everything went as planned, then plan the next 30 days.

Especially when working with digital, it's very predictable when you know what you're doing.

4. Joe Friedrichsen

Joe Friedrichsen
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Joe
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Dealer Teamwork
    Twitter Handle:
    @friedrichsenjoe
    Good feedback Mark! Yes, it's definitely important to address the business as that's what matters most to the dealership.