• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

How to Add Inventory or Web Sites to your Facebook Fan Page

Set up Arnold's code this morning, had a quick issue that he helped me solve via Twitter (being a signed in Admin I wasn't able to see the page). Signed out I can see it...

But now I can't see Brent's inventory ... and I am certainly not the Admin on that page ;)

http://www.facebook.com/SteveMarshallFord?v=app_7146470109

**EDIT**actually go to Facebook.com/SteveMarshallFord then click on Inventory... it always works that way.

**EDIT AGAIN** taking off for now. will look for javascript work around tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks Alex, Jerry and Brent for the kudos! I'm glad I could help Karen! I'm not a computer programmer or anything. I just pieced that together. I'm sure with that "Static FBML" app and a real programmer, there are many possibilities for uses on a Facebook fan page. I just figured out that particular use and application and thought I'd share it with y'all.

Any other creative uses for the Static FBML app and/or code modification sharing is appreciated!

Neither Brent's or Karen's are showing for me. The drop down box is there but nothing happens when I select something from it.

Alex, I think she took it down as she indicated in her post.

It was working earlier (when I was helping her) and it's working on my demo page.

[edit] It's not working on Brent's though, also.

I just checked my page again and it's still working there though.

Last edited:
Neither Brent's or Karen's are showing for me. The drop down box is there but nothing happens when I select something from it.

Probably that chrome browser you're using Alex. Works for me in FF. Does not work in IE8. IE8 is the biggest load of #%^! When is MS going to get a clue?

Brent, Maybe instead of having a drop down you can have a new page and a used page?

I'm on FF and able to get to Arnold's but Brent's is not working for me. I tried setting this up on my own page as well and wasn't able to get it working.

I believe the underlying issue is that Facebook doesn't want iFrames in Tabs because Facebook tabs are not allowed to display advertising or auto running javascript. This creative work-around has done the trick for a good while but could be patched by FB at anytime; the descrepencies we're seeing from one user to another may be a precursor to the FB Fan Page changes detailed here. The presentation indicates late Feb for these updates to go live. They include the depreciation of Boxes and tab width changing from 760px to 520px. (good info for page & app owners to know)

The further enforcement of Tab regulations on Facebook does bring to a light a very interesting question though.. According to the Facebook Tabbed Profile Page

• Applications cannot autoplay Flash.
  • Applications cannot onload JavaScript.
  • Applications cannot use iframes on tabs.
  • Application tabs cannot contain advertising of any kind.
  • Absolute URLs on a tab take the user to your application's canvas page.
What is dealer inventory on a Facebook Fan Tab? The truest form of advertisment there is; live product for sale.

Will Facebook enforce this policy to protect the value in their Automotive Marketplace?