• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I am considering experimenting with instant messaging..

idkmybffamir

Full Sticker + Prep
Apr 29, 2009
First Name
AE
I was thinking, "What if we expanded our communication system, not just with 10 phone lines and email, but more geared towards the convenience of consumers?" What if customers can instant message us with questions, AIM, MSN, etc..

I'm also considering this because the current consumer behavior towards dealers in Southern California is more about quality and satisfaction than it is the dealer's ego. We can fluff all we want about the dealership, but would that be of any convincing to the consumer?

I figure if we assume customers do not want to tackle our phone calls and emails requesting more phone numbers and email addresses and appointments, what if they can speak directly to us from their own computer?

BUT... who would benefit from this? The younger generation.. and we have always had issues with FTB's.. so I have no idea if this would help or be a potential assistance to internet car shoppers. We would also have to train the salespeople to properly type.. because some instant messaging apps do not have pre-made scripts.

Have any of you guys experimented with this?

[FONT=&quot]You are asking many of the questions that our organization has been looking into as we researched consumer behavior and perceptions in the car purchasing process. I think it would be of value for you to take a look at the results of some of our studies. Here is a link to our iBase Insights and you can download the PDF to the studies on the right side of the page.
[/FONT]