• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

I'm new - Just wanted to say "Hi"!

ewalraven

Boss
Mar 23, 2010
First Name
Delete
Hello!

First off, I can't believe that I've been lurking around this forum for over a year and never made a post. Quite honestly I can't wait to jump in a contribute some knowledge!

Who the heck am I?
For the past 5.5 years I worked for an inventory/polling provider by the name of HomeNet. I'd like to thank that I was the "guy behind the guy".

I've recently parted ways and decided to finally make my first post in this forum! Why? Well, because before I was never allowed to (per company rules). Even though I really wanted to contribute and not be a total leech. So yes, I'm happy to dive in and communicate.

Looking through the forum I've spoken with and helped many of the posters from time to time throughout the years even though you may not know me. If you do I was probably just "voice on the phone". I take no offense to that, because it's true. lol. I guess now I can become a "voice in the forum" .. Upgrade? Nonetheless, really looking to jump into the DMS and inventory sections.

What am I doing now?
Quite honestly, it's very hard to jump out of the auto industry into something else. I feel like I have a well versed knowledge of many DMS systems (ADP, RR, ACS, KKP, AutoMate, ACS, etc), extensive knowledge in automotive marketing, well versed in social media along with SEO/SEM. Obviously jumping out of the auto industry is a possibilty, but for now I don't see it happening. As of now, I'm working with a few vendors and dealers to hopefully set the new standard!

Will I be posting my resume in DR?
Ummm .. Yeah, who didn't see that coming? Obviously I need a job! lol. In all seriousness this is a great community that has already given a lot. I think it says a lot when the company you are paying ... is looking for what is going on "in the industry" (Reynolds Security?).

THANK YOU DR! Feel free to Friend, Message, or E-mail me!

Off topic:

Post that made me along with the rest of HomeNet laugh

.. Why? Because it's true.

Last edited:
Ha ha Art. Jeff could see it clear as day, but didn't notice the "Moderated Post" verbiage at the top before posting (Jeff - we should make that more obvious for us). It should make more sense now.

:hello: ewalraven and welcome. Sorry you feel the way you do about HomeNet, but hopefully there is a good job waiting for you. Try posting your resume here: I'm available to hire! << we just created that section for this exact reason.