• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

iMagic Email "reply" problem

Walt Kustra

Over the Curb
Aug 13, 2009
First Name
Walt
I ran into an interesting problem today with iMagiclab and wondered if anyone out there is experiencing similar issues.

For the past month and a half we had been noticing a large increase in used car sales at the expense of our new. While we worked diligently at fielding all new and pre owned leads it seemed like nothing I did was getting any new car buyers attention. Emailing quotes...didn't matter. There was just no response.

Finally, after speaking with a few customers who were willing to talk in depth with me about my process, I had a few customers tell me "I sent you and email, didn't you get it". I was starting to worry

I contacted our IT manager at our store and he fielded a few tests for me and what we found was disturbing. While I could receive new emails, If I sent one out to a customer and they hit "reply" I was not getting their emails back. After contacting iMagiclab they confirmed that I indeed was not able to receive "reply" emails to my dealer crm address. Who knows how long this has been going on and how many customers tried to get back to me that I simply lost contact with.

I will keep everyone posted as to how quickly and effectively they resolve this problem, but for now if you using iMagic please be aware this problem could be affecting you if you cannot seem to contact customers. I hope they come up with a solution quick! My only guess as to why I noticed it with new over pre owned is that my pre owned customers are mostly phone ups, or people who are more likely to speak with me about a vehicle they saw online, rather than new customers who were merely looking for a quote.

You can set up an "auto action" to set a phone/e-mail appointment up when a reply comes in. I had that problem. Now I concentrate more on the MYDAY screen. The only problem with that method is if lets say someone replies today (now) and you check your MYDAY screen tomorrow morning, it may not show (depending on how you set it up). I set it up to set a phone/e-mail appointment within 5 minutes. You can set another auto action for the same reply 24 hours later for a safeguard.

Hope that makes sense.
Joe

Joe and Mitchell,
Thanks for your quick replies! As usual, iMagiclab went above and beyond to identify this problem for me and had a solution for it in less than 24 hours. My email is working as it should again and I have to say I have always been impressed with their customer service. Phone call to my cell phone letting me know my email is working properly again on a Saturday afternoon, priceless.

The company is awesome. They exceed my expectations every time as well. Any time a vendor brings up another ILM tool I say, don't bother. It helped take one of our stores, using it properly, from 5-10 cars a month to 26-30 per month!

Last edited:
Walt -

Thanks for reporting the email reply concern to the Customer Care Team at iMagicLab. I thought I would take some time to address this concern in the forum so that all users gain a better understanding of the email and spam filtering technology deployed by iMagicLab. Due to the fact that we process millions of email messages each month we actively maintain relationships with each of the free mail and primary domain providers throughout the United States. Many of our domain relationship programs report back customers that mark our clients email activity as spam due to high broadcast and auto-responder volume. We deliver this information to users in the Daily Activity Report so that it can be easily monitored. We also maintain stringent spam filters on inbound email to ensure that our users can work as efficiently and quickly as possible responding to opportunities. We take these proactive measures to ensure that the email delivered to your inbox is a real customer response and not a spam campaign.

In your specific case, our inbound spam filters looked at the external links and images in your signature block and email then sorted the replies to the potential spam folder. Our automated spam filtering policies also account for the spam report back from our partners due to the thousands of auto responders sent from the account each month. The combination of the signature and email content along with high auto response activity per customer triggered higher than normal manual spam report backs for your domain causing it to be included in the spam filters. This is not system wide or ongoing, but unique to individual user that are tagged due to outbound email activity and content. Once this is reported to the Customer Care Team at iMagicLab we allow the affected domain(s) which resolves the issue in less than 24 hours from request.

I have many dealers ask me while training throughout the country how to deal with those nasty spam filters to ensure important email is passed promptly to the intended recipient. I ask the same question each time the spam filter question comes up, "Is it more important that they look good or that they get through?" We offer several advanced features to help dealers build email templates and signatures that dramatically reduce exposure to the spam filters during the crucial 3 - 5 days of a new opportunity. Broadcast campaigns and auto - responses are equally important to manage properly to ensure all electronic correspondence is delivered on an ongoing basis. Make sure the content in these bulk forms of email remains relevant to the customer request or conversation. If not, it's really just another form of spam.

Hope this helps, good selling!

Tom Harsha
Vice President Training | Customer Care
iMagicLab

Just saw this! Glad I wasn't the only one...fortunately or unfortunately. I was also seeing where some customers were not getting my emails either but I haven't heard any other reports of that happening. (yes I know it could go into the spam but they weren't in their either).

Rather than make a whole new thread, I'll somewhat hi-jack this thread, but I'm wondering why I get all email notifications from customers to my outlook but when a customer directly emails my IML email (not replying to an email from me) it shows in my IML inbox but I get no notification in my Outlook?????

I fail to look at my inbox all the time because emails hardly ever come into it and I also don't check because of false notifcation with how the inbox icon flashes with a little !! sign and theres never anything in there.

.....confusing.....