• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Internet Marketing Focus Areas

Mitch Gallant

Refresh Team
Apr 6, 2009
Awards
First Name
Mitch
I'm trying to put together a semi annual report as an audit of our digital marketing and where we should pivot some our time, focus, dollars, personnel etc... and thought I'd reach out for any love I can find.

I'm trying to define the high level buckets (not tools and tactics) So far I've got:

• Website/Vehicle Merchandising
  • Email Marketing
  • Mobile Marketing
  • Reputation Management
  • Video Marketing & VSEO
  • Blogging, Branding, Awareness
  • Content Publishing
  • SEO
  • SEM, Retargeting, Display
  • Inventory Syndication/Features
  • Social Media
  • Analytics & Measurement
  • Database/Equity Mining

What's missing?

Thanks Jamie, I think you're onto something there. I think I'll add a "Website Parasites" bucket, and throw things like Chat, Blackbook, HookLogic, Pop-Ups etc.. in there. They're a huge part of our conversion and conversion is a huge focus for us all!

I'm trying to put together a semi annual report as an audit of our digital marketing and where we should pivot some our time, focus, dollars, personnel etc... and thought I'd reach out for any love I can find.

I'm trying to define the high level buckets (not tools and tactics) So far I've got:

• Website/Vehicle Merchandising
  • Email Marketing
  • Mobile Marketing
  • Reputation Management
  • Video Marketing & VSEO
  • Blogging, Branding, Awareness
  • Content Publishing
  • SEO
  • SEM, Retargeting, Display
  • Inventory Syndication/Features
  • Social Media
  • Analytics & Measurement
  • Database/Equity Mining

What's missing?

Nailed it Mitch,

How about a ranking system for where the bucket is on the sales funnel.
Early = Branding Tools
Final Hour = Gets them in the Door

Next, think of a way to measure the degree of difficulty to create and execute.
Easy = In house
Hybrid = Mix of in house and 3rd party
Very difficult = 3rd party

You read my mind Joe, I made this PDF (anyone please steal and use/adapt) to start plotting the profile of that bucket.

I think you're right with assigning the degree of difficulty. It would make for a better rounded strategy meeting if you wouldn't have to think, but rather "it's a 3 so we won't play with that fire." Cherry pick a few 1's and consider how to hire out for a win on the 3... my weakness is considering too many things (everything;)) a 1.

Nailed it Mitch,

How about a ranking system for where the bucket is on the sales funnel.
Early = Branding Tools
Final Hour = Gets them in the Door

Next, think of a way to measure the degree of difficulty to create and execute.
Easy = In house
Hybrid = Mix of in house and 3rd party
Very difficult = 3rd party

Hi Mitch,
Your information about internet marketing areas are really a full packed information. Can you please say me how can i do Internet marketing for my business. Does it really increases the reputation of the company.

User Experience and Customer Feedback

Research and Knowledge Building - I would feel more comfortable hiring people to do things when I have a working knowledge of them and know of every update/development because most service providers are too busy selling to keep up with critical changes, let alone adapt to them.

(I've setup Google Reader to pull RSS feeds from SEO/Marketing blogs and official Google/Bing blogs, as well as scan Twitter for tweets containing certain keywords and put them all into a single RSS feed, as well as scrape Google Trends into an RSS feed, as well as setup several Google Alerts for certain keywords and added them as a feed. This way I have all pertinent info in my industry, regarding my brand and regarding my competitors the second it hits the web. I was trying to keep track of hundreds of information sources and it got out-of-hand...I can send the tutorial to you on how to configure all this if you'd like, it's a lifesaver for knowledge junkies.)

RSS_Pwnage.jpg