1. Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.
    Dismiss Notice

iPad friendly CRM

Discussion in 'CRM, ILM, Chat, Desking, Emails, Phone, SMS' started by mkeesee, Feb 1, 2012.

This forum sponsored by...
  1. mkeesee

mkeesee
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Michael
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Mainivent Digital Marketing
    Does anyone currently use iPads in thier sales process? We have a wireless AIRPRINT printer that we successfully print to from our iphone or ipads. Is there a CRM that will allow you to print your forms using safari?

Mike

2. This forum sponsored by...
  3. sweece

sweece
    Expand Collapse
    Refresher

First Name:
    Kyle
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Suss Buick GMC
    I can assure you that it isn't ADP! Haha they barely integrate with Internet Explorer, which is saying a lot. Would be interested to hear what you find.

• Like Like x 1
  4. joe.pistell

joe.pistell
    Expand Collapse
    Uncle Joe

First Name:
    Joe
    Twitter Handle:
    JoePistell
    ReyRey claims to have one, just don't try to use it ;-)

Collapse Signature Expand Signature
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Billfred

Billfred
    Expand Collapse
    Jr. Refresher

First Name:
    Billfred
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Jim Hudson Buick/GMC/Cadillac
    Twitter Handle:
    WmLeverette
    I've played with it on an iPad, and I agree--it's useful for entering client data, but not much beyond (can't see your workplan, can't print forms). I've heard updates are coming, but as of last check it just wasn't there.

6. kcar

kcar
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    B
    Argh! ADP CRM won't work in anything but Internet Explorer and that's a stretch, it has loading issues. No Firefox, No Safari, No chrome, No Opera, etc. No iPad, no iPhone, no windows phone, etc. Pretty much a horrible system.. Also can't even access it home even with a VPN as they suggested. Blah, can't wait to switch to Autobase once the contract is up, heard great things about it.

7. kcar

kcar
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    B
    That's what I want/need. I want all my sales people to carry ipads, so they can snag customer data on the floor, on the lot, at the desk, anywhere. Such an issue to get them to type it in as it is. Hand someone an iPad at the desk and they'll want to play with it and feel more comfortable giving their info.

8. Jeff Kershner

Jeff Kershner
    Expand Collapse
    Founder

First Name:
    Jeff
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh & Mercedes-Benz of Hagerstown
    Questionable post Mike. By the name of the title you are looking for a CRM that's compatible with an ipad but the real question you are asking "Is there a CRM that will allow you to print your forms using safari?" - on an ipad

We've had to moderate a few posts already around vendors wanting to publicize the fact that their CRM or product works on an ipad.

Please, before posting, be sure to read the full thread/question.

Mike, I currently do not have an answer. I do know that eLead CRM (it's what my dealers use) just added several features that are exclusive to iPad. I'll check when I get the opportunity to see if printing remotely from the ipad is an option.

9. jsgrif

jsgrif
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Jason
    Dealer or Company Name:
    Griffiths Ford
    Twitter Handle:
    griffithsford
  10. john.quinn

john.quinn
    Expand Collapse
    Sr. Refresher

First Name:
    John
    Dealer or Company Name:
    DealerRefresh
    Twitter Handle:
    JohnGQuinn
    See me today or tomorrow at Dealer.com's NADA booth to see CRM designed with Mobile in-mind: iPad, and I might even show you the iPhone version too!!

#9 john.quinn, Feb 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  11. swhitlow

swhitlow
    Expand Collapse
    Noob

First Name:
    Scott
    Dealer or Company Name:
    AutoAcceleratorCRM
    Hi Mike, in answer to your question, any CRM that is compatible with mobile safari and can bring up a PDF preview *should* be able to use the printing functionality. The main problem is speed. Accessing web CRM's through mobile safari is just so slow.

Now, if you are wanting a native iPad app that was built exclusively for the platform for speed, etc. then you will want an iPad app that is not web based. I am not sure if the dealer.com iPad app is a native app or just web based. It does make a huge difference in speed and being able to access your data offline.

If you get a moment after visiting dealer.com's booth, feel free to come by our booth and check out our iPad app as well (don't worry - I'm not a sales guy - I'm just one of the developers)

Hopefully, one of our solutions might be able to meet your needs. If you already have a CRM you like, feel free to come by anyway and I can show you how you might be able to print from safari from your current provider. Just look for the auto accelerator booth. Let me know if I can be of any help!