• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Is anybody here using Motofuze ?

Alex.Lemoing

Give Away Artist
Jul 15, 2013
First Name
Alexandre
Hello,
we have been contacted by a company named Moto-fuze and they told us that they could more than likely double our website visit in a month or two.
Basically they would be using a sub-domain of of website and fill it with content regarding our inventory, showroom, vehicle comparison etc...
Here is an example that was given to me : http://autoshopping.classicgranbury.com/

I have a feeling that they are targeting a lot of people using "long tail SEO search query" and attentively looking at the vehicle comparison tool, I don't see any great content, just fluff really.
Also, I'd be curious to see if the traffic increase will also increase our Lead rate and sales.

I wanted to see if anybody on the forum was using their services and if I could get some feedback.

Thank you!

Alex

Hello,
we have been contacted by a company named Moto-fuze and they told us that they could more than likely double our website visit in a month or two.
Basically they would be using a sub-domain of of website and fill it with content regarding our inventory, showroom, vehicle comparison etc...
Here is an example that was given to me : http://autoshopping.classicgranbury.com/

I have a feeling that they are targeting a lot of people using "long tail SEO search query" and attentively looking at the vehicle comparison tool, I don't see any great content, just fluff really.
Also, I'd be curious to see if the traffic increase will also increase our Lead rate and sales.

I wanted to see if anybody on the forum was using their services and if I could get some feedback.

Thank you!

Alex

I believe they're a newer service. My friend Kendall is part of the team over there. If you like - I can see if he can answer any questions for you. Though I'm sure you would rather hear from some other dealers using their products.

I'll push this out across the DealerRefresh social channels to see if we can't get a few more comments for you.

I can speak from experience, that almost a year ago I implemented motofuze. My organic traffic and all that increased just as requested. The proof in the pudding, is that my percent of business from digital has gone up. From 52.3% to 58.0%. I've actually cut spending on digital a little as well as some of the 3rd party leads that I was purchasing were cut. We were spending hours and hours following up with leads that just didn't seem like it was worth the effort. So the strategy was to acquire more leads that seemed to be more in the market for our products. Thus far it has worked out great.

That's my 2 cents

Pat

I took a look through some of what they're doing and it looks like a good mix of basic, bullsnot and real SEO strategies.
It looks like a good tool, but I'm curious how the organic traffic gets to your primary domain.

I also clicked around a bit and saw a few issues with things like a button saying "Reviews (9)" and then when clicked says "No reviews".

There are a couple companies doing "Model Comparison" type data in videos and in text - it seems to work quite well where I've seen it in play, but I don't have firm stats on a bottom line impact of any kind.

Reactions: 1 person
I can speak from experience, that almost a year ago I implemented motofuze. My organic traffic and all that increased just as requested. The proof in the pudding, is that my percent of business from digital has gone up. From 52.3% to 58.0%. I've actually cut spending on digital a little as well as some of the 3rd party leads that I was purchasing were cut. We were spending hours and hours following up with leads that just didn't seem like it was worth the effort. So the strategy was to acquire more leads that seemed to be more in the market for our products. Thus far it has worked out great.

That's my 2 cents

Pat,

What are you saying here?
My percent of business from digital has gone up from 52.3% to 58.0%?

Organic Traffic up 6%?
Leads up 6 %?
Do you have a number of cars per month you feel your selling from the site?

I do see how you can be getting the traffic, I just see too much automated duplicate content and keyword stuffing with no real unique content. I also see pages and pages being spit out like wild fire, that's something that scares Google.
I wonder how long this will last till the site gets penalized from Google?

If anybody here knows anything about SEO and content marketing, they will see what I'm seeing... site:autoshopping.patriotford.com

autoshopping.patriotford.com - Site Report - Siteliner

Patriot Ford Home

Last edited:
Is Content Curation Creating Duplicate Content?

Content Automation. This approach automates the content creation process by discovering content based on the sources and keywords that you have identified. Tools utilizing this technique automatically create content and post it for you.While this approach is fairly hands-off, it typically creates low-quality content. Depending on implementation, these tools may create content duplication. Another problem is that you are most likely not going to see the results you are hoping for since the content that is auto-created is typically generic. It often makes little sense to humans. Even if you achieve slight gains in search rankings, you will probably encounter high bounce rates and low conversion rates.Bottom line: This can be a borderline grey #seo strategy with very low ROI and high penalty potential.

"Generating high quality content through curation isn't about automation, aggregation, or duplication of content. If you use the right tools and methodology, you can generate original content with a high frequency that should help you improve organic search results and conversion rates."

Is Content Curation Creating Duplicate Content? | Content Marketing and WordPress Content Curation News

Thanks everybody, I have called several dealership using their services and they seemed to be relatively happy with it. However as Many mentioned, I am debating their strategy. The content is the same for all the dealerships, creating a ton of duplicate content on all websites.
I have asked the sales rep to get me some data from a few of his accounts such as (visits before and after) (lead count and conversion rate) He told me that he would "try" to get me the numbers. We will see.
Anyway, thank you all for the feedback, it;s greatly appreciated. :)

That's my 2 cents

Pat

Pat, I called your dealership, the receptionist told me you were unavailable at this time. I left my phone number with her. Could you possibly call me this afternoon to chat about Moto-Fuze ? I am intrigued in their product but have my doubts. Thanks!

Count me into the group with Manny. I never recommend playing with duplicate content when Google is happy enough to give people penalties. Do some research on Google's Panda update, and ask yourself what a month without organic traffic would be like if you got hit.

One of the major online printing companies got hit with a Panda earlier this year. Years ago someone was copying articles about typeface and design. It was forgotten as employees changed, and was never removed when Google first started with Panda. It doesn't matter who you are if you fall into it algorithmically, they all get punished the same.

Reactions: 2 people