• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

January 5th in video games: Darksiders vs. Bayonetta

ghen

Boss
Oct 14, 2009
First Name
call me Jason

and

Both are action games based around killing lots of enemies. In both cases you fight heaven and hell minions acting as an outside mediator or agent of balance.

Darksiders mainly goes the tried and true route of a hardcore male figure with a larger-than-life weapon and a big name. You cast yourself as War, one of the four horsemen. Of the two, this one looks to have the most story and classic gameplay.

Bayonetta goes completely off the deep end in the other direction. She's a witch who controls time and uses her infinitely? long hair to cast spells and summon demons to kill the other demons/angels. Compared to Darksiders this game has almost zero story and relies mainly on sex appeal and over the top antics.

My personal opinion having played both in a minor respect: Get Bayonetta if you want something different. The gameplay is spectacular and some of the cutscenes will have you bragging to friends who don't play games just to see their reaction. Get Darksiders if you actually want a story in your game and love the normal hack and slash of a fantasy action game. There's nothing new, but it is well polished.

Last edited by a moderator:
A friend of mine who teaches English over in Korea had access to both of these games. He told me if you like Ninja Gaiden you'll like Bayonetta - I happen to like Ninja Gaiden a lot. He's told me some good things about Darksiders as well.

I just so happen to have pre-ordered Bayonetta...I'll let ya know how it goes.

I'm hesitant about the co-op play myself, but the weapon/armor customization looked cool. I'm probably going to return Bayonneta for PS3 and get is for 360 as I hear the PS3 is almost a broken port of the game (unbearable load times, frame rate issues, etc.) Darksiders has been getting great reviews, really excited to fire it up tonight!

I'm hesitant about the co-op play myself, but the weapon/armor customization looked cool. I'm probably going to return Bayonneta for PS3 and get is for 360 as I hear the PS3 is almost a broken port of the game (unbearable load times, frame rate issues, etc.) Darksiders has been getting great reviews, really excited to fire it up tonight!

Yeah I've heard the same about the PS3 having issues with it. Darksiders looks good - interested to hear what you think.