• Stop being a LURKER - join our dealer community and get involved. Sign up and start a conversation.

Joe Pistell's new product

Have been watching this on the Used Car King site when Joe was running it. The save your vehicle setup he had on there.. It's a nice feature. I wonder how well it will actually do though... Will watch it when I get home on the big screen so I can see all the details better.

ps. Expected you to sound way different IRL.

Have been watching this on the Used Car King site when Joe was running it. The save your vehicle setup he had on there.. It's a nice feature. I wonder how well it will actually do though... Will watch it when I get home on the big screen so I can see all the details better.

ps. Expected you to sound way different IRL.

Is like Braveheart when they thought he was taller, stronger, and thunder came out of his ass. The myth is bigger than the reality.

But remember that to become a myth you got to burn a lot of miles, and you can learn a lot from those.

It must have been 8:00 AM on the 3rd day of NADA because that's the only way you can hold back the Pasch/Pistell enthusiasm. These two just feed off of one another. If it was the afternoon of day 1 Joe would have been jumping on the table top, in excitement, and Brian would have been cheering him on :lol:

Joe + Brian = incredibly brilliant spaz attack. It is a show you don't want to miss.

Congratulations Joe! Coming out of the gate firing :woot:

Also enjoy what I saw from the demo site. The design talent at DDC has improved and I think it's great that you have Joe in there as a product manager. He gets designing the user experience and differentiating the DDC sites from the rest of market. Sort of strange to think this feature isn't standard issued on dealer sites today, but I look at dealer website vendors having sort of a monopoly on ideas. Nice work guys!! I think Joe and team are scratching the surface and have more up their sleeves.

Also enjoy what I saw from the demo site. The design talent at DDC has improved and I think it's great that you have Joe in there as a product manager. He gets designing the user experience and differentiating the DDC sites from the rest of market. Sort of strange to think this feature isn't standard issued on dealer sites today, but I look at dealer website vendors having sort of a monopoly on ideas. Nice work guys!! I think Joe and team are scratching the surface and have more up their sleeves.

Hi CC,

The hall mark of a great idea is just as you described. It's under everyones nose and it's simple.

Wow Joe. This looks like some good stuff. Do you have a site running this live I can play with?

I really like some of the material on the used car king web site......Is this stuff being rolled out to other dealers on the V9 or is this a new version.

Tiny problem with this, just thinking... If the customer adds the vehicles in their shopping car. And then ends up buying the car. How will Dealer.com know to remove the car? Otherwise they'll keep getting price alerts on vehicles they don't want. I can see most consumers getting confused as to why the dealership is still sending them messages about older cars. At some point won't the consumer get frustrated or just mark those e-mails as SPAM. I just can't see the customer buying a car and going back to manually remove those vehicles.. Or remembering too.

Or what if they buy from another dealer... I can't see a customer wanting to go back through 5-6 dealer sites (assuming this gets adapted on more dealer sites). And MANUALLY removing their selected cars for price alerts, etc.

The other is how are these cars being saved per account? If the user isn't logged in, are these cookie based? I see you can save stuff without registering.. But what if they are on their work computer, iphone, etc. vs just being at home, they aren't going to see these vehicles which renders that feature not usable.. And if it's tracked per IP you'll still have the same issues, not to mention issues if it's on a public internet like at work or Starbucks. So in reality the only way for the customer to save this list is to do it at ONE place only, or register.. (E-mail notifications too, but not sure that would pull up the saved list unless it's some sort of tracking code that pre-loads everything back)...

IN for answers.

Tiny problem with this, just thinking... If the customer adds the vehicles in their shopping car. And then ends up buying the car. How will Dealer.com know to remove the car? Otherwise they'll keep getting price alerts on vehicles they don't want.

Vehicles have a numerical Status, a few of them are:
In-transit
In Stock
In Service
Deal Pending Sold

When a dealer sells a car, they change its status. The dealer has one of 2 systems that changes the status of the vehicle on the website. Manual or via DMS. Most all dealers are via DMS.

All dealers have a DMS vendor, all dealers have an inventory solution vendor. For those dealers that update status via DMS, The Inventory Solution vendor dials into the dealer's DMS and refreshes the inventory. Any change in status makes the vehicle on line or off line.

A vehicle in any status except 'In Stock' will no longer be online and will no longer send automatic emails.

Last edited: